Template

Thursday, July 26, 2012

July 2012 - 30 months

What a busy month!  I feel like the summer months just fly by.  It seems like you blink and the month is over!  So much has been going on that I don't even know where to start.  We have been discussing moving back to SD for some time now.  When we first moved here, we said we would be here five years.  Five years will be November!  I also said that when we have our next baby, I wanted to live in SD.  Well that time has come and it looks as though it may happen.  I have been praying for some time that God would open the doors needed for this to become a reality and it's looking more and more like this will actually happen.  There are still a lot of pieces that have to come together for this to actually happen but the facts are that things are working out and coming together.  We just have to keep praying that if God wants us there that it will happen.  We will miss parts of Vegas, especially Abagee and Grandpa but we are working on getting them to move there too!  If we could get them to move there, it would be perfect!  Jan has been so wonderful with Avery over the past 2 1/2 years and I really want for them to remain as close as they are. Keep praying!

We celebrated 4th of July with Aunt Boo who came out for the weekend.  We went to a party at one of the kids that Ben coaches and had a great time.  They had a great view of all of the fireworks. 







































I  had her wear the same dress as she did last, boy has she changed!





































We also decided to make a last minute trip to SD to escape the heat.  Ben had the weekend off so we headed to a much cooler climate!
We went to the beach..







































Went to the Children's Museum


And had a last minute BBQ with some friends.  My parents were out of town so we had full use of the house.  Let's just say that with 10 kids under the age of 3, the house looked like a tornado.  It sure was a fun night though!  SO happy that soon we will be back living by all these guys!



She also started soccer this month.  It's a bit crazy out there but hopefully the more she goes the more she gets the hang of it. She was a bit shy at first but I am sure that will go away the more comfortable she gets there.






While Aunt Boo was here, we also took her to the Tournament of Kings show at Excalibur.  It was a dinner show and she really had a great time.  There was lots to see with horses and kings and princesses.  She really enjoyed herself!




She truly makes us laugh all the time.  She comes up with the most random things that I have no idea where she gets them.  She will tell a story and say maybe 5 times within the story.  Where she gets maybe I have no idea. She loves to read stories to you and will say "once upon a time...the end".  It's pretty cute.  She is very particular about what she wears and she always has to ask "does this match"?  The fact that she asks this so young just tells me what I am in for as she gets older.  She says hiiiii and byeee very drawn out and really has her own little make believe language that she uses when playing with her toys.  Her schedule hasn't changed in some time and she still loves those 3 hour naps in the middle of day, as does mommy since naps are pretty essential when you are pregnant!  One of her other favorite things to say is "not yet".  We can pretty much expect her to answer that way when we ask her a question.  Her other favorite thing to say is "why"?  We have officially hit that age and any and everything out of her mouth is why.  It sure is funny but boy does it get tiring and sometimes you run out of answers.  I love that she is so inquisitive though!

The other big update of the month is the we did potty training.  We started on a Saturday that we had no plans and just went full force on no diapers.  The first week we had about 4 accidents but after the first week, she has not had one since.  We still put diapers on her for naps and bed time but 90% of the time she wakes up dry.  Not sure when we will cut the diaper completely but I am sure am proud of how fast she picked it up.  Now when she goes potty she has to go in all by herself and do everything by herself.  She walks in the bathroom and says, "you not come in here, I do all myself" and shuts the door.  She does know that if she poops, we have to help her.  We started with her using a little toilet to using the big girl potty with a little seat.  Before long, she didn't want to use either little girl seat and has now learned to climb up on the regular seat and balance herself all on her own.  Our little girl is growing up!
Here are some additional photos from the month. 






No comments: