Template

Sunday, August 21, 2011

18 1/2 months

Summer - what a busy time!  I think that I blinked and the last month went by.  We have had a jam packed summer full of visitors, trips, activities, and hot weather! I think that  Avery moving to one nap right before the summer was perfect because it gives us a chance to get out in the morning and then get home by lunch so she can take about a 3 hour nap and then be up for the late afternoon when it cools down a bit.  I am still thankful that Avery loves her naps and bedtime.  I just pray every day that when we have our next one, we will be just as lucky.

Since Avery loves the water, we wanted to get her in swim lessons this summer.  I had no thoughts that at the end of this she would be able to swim but I wanted to continue to get her used to water and doing some of the things that she will continue to learn over the next few years as she learns to swim.  We did a 2 week every day (M-Th) class where the parent is in the water with them.  The first week was a challenge, or so I heard.  I was actually in Florida at our companies Sales meeting so I missed her sessions.  The second week I took her almost every day and I think we learned a few things from the prior week and she began to get used to the lessons.  The second week was much better and she stayed in the water the whole time which is much more than we can say for the first week.  I also think since she is such a mommas girl she didn't want to leave me and since I was in the water, she didn't try to get out.  Whatever the case may have been, she learned a few things and I think we will continue to do these so that she gets better at swimming.

For the last two months or so, Avery has decided that she is too grown up for high chairs.  We actually put the high chair in the garage since she never uses it!  This has been good and bad because she has much more room to roam when she is eating now.  She is not contained like she used to be but we are working on trying to get her to sit down and eat.  I am sure it is just a phase.  Now when she eats she either sits at her little table and eats or bring a pillow to the big table and sits on it and eats with us.  It really depends on what type of mood she in. Sophey sure loves her eating at eye level! Can you tell who runs this house?



From a coordination standpoint, she really has improved leaps and bounds.  She can now throw really well and kick a ball and pretty much climb on anything that she sets her mind to. Developmentally she is beginning to say so many new words.   She tries to say new words all the time and sometimes I understand what she is saying but other times she still has her own language.  She does communicate pretty well in one way or another. She loves to read and watch her movies and still loves to play in her crib when she wakes up.  Her hair is growing so long these days and she is not the biggest fan of me combing it.  She does however love her bows!  At least she lets me put those in!


Avery and Sophey continue to have a pretty special bond.  Sophey is so patient and kind with her and she truly is the best dog in the world.





Here are some other pics from the last few weeks.






No comments: