Template

Monday, November 7, 2011

Happy Halloween - 2011


This year Avery dressed up as Little Red Riding Hood.  It was actually a gift that I got at my shower and she finally got to wear it.  She wore the costume a few times leading up to Halloween and actually really enjoyed wearing, cape and all!  On Halloween day, Ben and I flew back from Seattle so after her nap we went over to Ben’s parents’ house to pick her up.  We decided to trick or treat over there since they live on a cul-de-sac and then we didn’t have to rush out of there as well. 
We started the night by going to a house that had a ton of lights that Aves kept oohin and ahhing over.  Here little sounds really are the cutest.  I am going to be so sad when she can actually verbalize her words rather than making noises to show her emotions.  Anyways, she walked right up to the house and proceeded to say hi to everyone and take some candy.  The high school girls that lived there really liked Avery and she liked them quite a bit as well considering they kept loading her up on candy.  We started walking around the neighborhood and she started to get the hang of it.  She really couldn’t say trick or treat or thank you so she learned to just hold her bag out and then blow kisses at the end.  That sure got her a few extra pieces in the end as well.  Every time we would finish going to a house she would say more more more…. So we continued on.  We ended doing the entire large block in the neighborhood and I really think that she would have kept going if we let her.  The only thing that appeased her was that I kept telling her that she had to wait to have any candy until we got home.  The minute we walked in the house she started saying “mememe” which is please in Avery language.  Luckily one lollipop and she is a happy camper!

All in all, it was a fun Halloween.  It really was night and day from this time last year.  I am sure that each year she will understand it a bit more until the time comes when she is off on her own trick or treating with her friends…. I can’t even imagine that at this point!
Here are some pics from the night.







No comments: