We sure have had a busy month. I truly cannot believe that it is almost Summer! The warm weather sure has arrived here in Vegas that's for sure.
With the warm weather in full gear, we have been enjoying the sun as much as we can without melting. Avery loves to go to the park and enjoys the water features that most parks here have. She is a little timid at first but after awhile is ready to get wet. She also has been swimming quite a bit and with the help of her awesome puddle jumpers float, she is pretty self sufficient. I am sure that we will do swim lessons again but we haven't had a chance to figure that one out yet.
Most Saturdays since Daddy has baseball we go to the Farmers Market at Tivoli Village. We have the same routine where she gets her face painted and a airbrush tatoo and then we walk around and go play on the playground. At some point she meanders over to the ice cream shop where she always get the same peanut butter and chocolate gelato.
Avery's language is getting really funny to listen to. You can tell what she hears all the time as there have been many times when she says, "oh my gosh" or "ok allright". My favorites are when she says, "I like this one" or "this is my favorite song". She is getting really good at singing her ABC's and Happy Birthday and the songs that I have been singing to her for some time she can sing most of. When I start singing she tells me "no mama, I do all myself". In fact if I had a penny for every time that I heard those words over the last month, I might have a pretty full wallet.
Her routine remains the same and there are many a days that I have to wake her after 3 hours or so from her nap. I think the summer heat really wears her out since she plays full speed all the time. She is growing taller, getting thinner, laughing harder, talking more and more, and overall is just becoming a little girl. It is a joy to watch her grow and we thank God every day for the laughter that she brings to our life.

No comments:
Post a Comment