Template

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Kennedy 43 Weeks

Another week has flown by.  To think that we are getting close to Week 52!  When I started blogging about Avery and decided to make these books for their baby books, it didn't seem to hard; especially at the time I only had one child.   Over the past years, I have made three wonderful books capturing Avery in all her joys, laughter, and memories and to this day I go back to read them.  When the time came to start one for Kennedy, little did I realize that doing this a second time around would be a bit more difficult with time a bit more of a challenge but as I  near the final few weeks of the year, it is bittersweet.  Sure, I am ready to move to blogging once a month, but really, where did the last 43 weeks go.  I still remember vividly the feelings I had when they placed her on my belly, the MANY tears I cried the two days she was in the NICU and the many nights being awake in the middle of the night thinking that the next day would be miserable since I wasn't sleeping.   These are the moments that I try to remind myself that these days are so short lived in the big picture of things.  Sure, the first year can be rough and scary all at the same time but the joy and laughter that these two girls bring to our lives far outweigh the sleepless nights, the tantrums,  swallowing my food before chewing because I only have 2 minutes to get my food day, and everything else that goes along with raising kids.  I never knew what sacrifice was until I had a child of my own and I think that being a parent really makes you stop and realize how much our parents did for us.  Being a parent gives you a whole new appreciation of your own parents that's for sure!

As for this week, Kennedy is finally turning a milestone and sleeping much better.  Ben is the one that goes in if she wakes in the middle of the night and he is great and strong arming her and he can get her back down pretty fast.  The last few nights she has not woken up at all so I am hoping that this is the new norm; one can wish right?  She has those nice big 6 teeth and they sure are apparent especially since she always sucks the bottom of her lip so the top two teeth really stand out.  She still loves her blankee and will suck on that thing till its pretty wet.  

She is taking about 3-4 steps at time but boy is she lazy.  She really could be walking but she will take a step or two at a time and then sit down and crawl.  She is getting better at not putting things in her mouth and truly knows what the word no is.  She can not crawl down out of the house which is only one step but it took some courage for her to master that.  She loves the stairs in our house but has yet to learn that she needs to go down feet first so for now, we have to be very careful up there with her.  She loves to play with Avery's kitchen in her room and is actually watching Baby Einstein these days.  She grins from ear to ear when it comes on and has a nice little token laugh.  She is quite noisy and makes many of the same sounds over and over so you can tell that she is trying to communicate and one of these days, a word is going to come out, I just wonder what that word is going to be.  She loves to give kisses; and by that I mean open mouth kisses.  She loves to kiss Sophey and Missy and both of them are so tolerant with her; Sophey much more than Missy but it is quite surprising that Missy likes both the girls as much as she does.  She is still as feisty as ever and cries every time that I leave the room.  I love it but also feel so bad knowing that she is crying when I can't spend time with her.  I know it is short lived and thank God I don't have to take her to day care or else I would have a much harder time being away from the girls.










weeks

No comments: