What a week. Let's see, I had to go out of town for 3 days (M-W), and then Ben left Thursday - Sunday. Abagee came in town to help out where some of our gaps were which was very helpful. Avery also started her second week of school at Horizon and she is still getting used to it but is really having a good time. She is quite the little entertainer always singing and dancing and making up her own songs and dances. Kennedy has really begun to interact with her and I am beginning to see how their relationship will be. Avery always tickles Kennedy saying "coochie coochie coo" Kennedy just giggles and laughs at her.
As for Kennedy AKA spitfire, turbo, determined, she has been keeping us on her toes. She has regressed quite a bit with sleep this week but I do think that it's because of teething. She now has 4 top teeth and her two bottom teeth. Let me tell you that you can't miss those teeth! It doesn't help that she always sucks on her lower lip so her teeth are quite apparent but adorable! As for sleep, she has been waking up at least once and sometimes more. Thursday night she was up 4 times!! Needless to say I was exhausted. She just will not take a pacifier and can't self soothe so it's hard for her to get back to sleep once she is up. She is really beginning to love her little blankee and just chews on that like crazy.
She continues to be quite the determined little fighter. You tell her no and she gets mad and doesn't like being told no! If you try to give her something that she doesn't want, she will throw it back at you and swipe your hand away. I know later in life this will really help her but boy is she feisty. On the flip side, she is quite the happy smiley baby. She loves to dance, clap, stick her hands in the air when you say so big... pretty much that is all that she has in her bag of tricks. We are working on teaching her body parts but she isn't quite interested just yet. She is standing longer and taking more steps at a time but to be honest I think she is just lazy and would rather crawl. I am fine with that but I am ready for to stop picking up and eating just about everything that she finds on the ground.
She is still taking 2 naps a day and eating just about everything that she can get her hands on. She is really not liking baby food these days but I have quite a bit left so I try to give her food in small pieces and then sneak in the baby food as best as I can. She does love water and is great at drinking out of a straw cup. She sure is growing up too fast. Don't get me wrong, I am ready to sleep through the night but my baby is growing too fast and growing like a weed.









No comments:
Post a Comment