Template

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

December 2013

Well we headed back to Vegas to spend Thanksgiving with the Rosenthal family.  Kennedy and I flew out this time since she had her one year check up and she still can fly free!  Overall she was pretty good on the flight but boy she doesn't like to sit still! We had a great time in Vegas and got to see some friends.  Both kids had a great time seeing their cousin Stella.  Aunt Krystal made a great meal and spending time with everyone was really nice; it sure is nice only living 300 miles from everyone!










Aunt Krystal and I actually got to have a mommy's night out and went to see Justin Timberlake in concert... which was AMAZING by the way!


































Over the last month, Avery and Kennedy have really begun to play with each other.  Kennedy is getting much easier although she can pretty much run these days.  When she sees something that she wants she just goes full throttle after it.  It's pretty cute.  Avery is good at showing her how to do things although the do have their fair share of sisterly spats!


Kennedy has officially moved to one nap.  She goes down around noon or 1 and sleeps for about 2-3 hours. Her morning nap was getting harder and harder so this allows us to have the whole morning and the afternoon/evening to do what we want to do.  We also don't have to warm her milk anymore so it makes it much easier to put her to bed.  I wanted to cut off the bottle when she turned one but she LOVES her bottle. I guess since she doesn't take a pacifier her bottle is her thing so I will give it a little bit and see what happens.

She has also become quite the climber!  You turn your head and she is on top of a table, climbing the stairs, or jumping on a couch.  She amazes me with her agility and she rarely if ever falls. She can maneuver off of things just as easy as she climbs up them.  I guess she wants to do anything and everything she sees her sister do.  I am pretty sure that we will have our fair share of broken bones with this kid!

Avery had her first dance recital which was SUPER cute.  She did such a good job and really enjoys being on stage. She sure is quite the little dancer and I enjoy watching her SOO much.  It just melts my heart.





We went to Disneyland this month as well and I just love seeing it all decorated for Christmas.  Aunt Boo and I went up on a Tuesday night with Avery and everyone else came up Wednesday night and we stayed through Thursday.  Having Kennedy there was a little challenging since she just wants to go full throttle all the time. I think she had a great time and overall, it was a memorable experience for everyone... just not too relaxing even with plenty of hands.  I think I need a vacation from my vacation! Oh the joys of little kids but I wouldn't trade it for a thing!









Avery has grown up so much in the last few months.  She expresses her feelings, has an imagination beyond belief, loves to dance and play dress up, rarely likes to comb her hair.  She pretty much comes in our room every night at some point and while it makes for the bed to be a bit more crowded, I will enjoy these moments because I know it's just a phase and I do love the extra snuggles. Her teacher told me that she is the helper in the classroom.  She will often pair her with the rambunctious kids in the class to even them out. She tells the best stories and is so animated with her hands and facial expressions.  She still has her favorite foods; chicken nuggets, nutella sandwiches, and applesacue and noodles to name a few.  She has just about every Disney doll and has become one of the best sharers of all time... although we are still working on the sharing with Kennedy.  She is a sweet, cuddly little girl who has some of the best one liners.  We are all amazed at where she comes with this stuff from. She loves the song from Pitch Perfect and can sing more mainstream songs these days.  She sure can sing but likes to make up her own words to songs and make songs from scratch.  I keep telling her that she needs to become a song writer one day! Every day is a new adventure with her and she keeps us on our toes as she has a memory like you would not believe!!!

We also spent some time getting ready for Christmas.  Daddy was in Vegas so Aunt Boo stepped in to help.  It was a fun time and all in all, Kennedy did pretty good listening to us on what she could and couldn't get into!  Next year will be something with both these little turkeys!













No comments: