Almost 5 months! Avery has really made some big strides this week. She is getting closer to being able to crawl. She gets up on all fours and rocks a bit and then ends up scooting backwards quite a bit. She continues to roll all over the place and as soon as you turn your head for two seconds she is half way across the room! I am sure that as soon as she figures out exactly how to crawl she will be a maniac!
Avery also had her second flight this week. She has been such a big girl on all the flights so far! I had a conference that I attended in San Diego so we stayed the at my parents from Wednesday to Monday morning. My mom got a lot of Avery and Nana time this past week which I know she loved. Nana continues to make Avery laugh pretty hard quite often which is really cute!
Since I haven't done my "things I love about Avery" in awhile, here are just a few new ones...
- I love that she sucks her bottom lip like its a pacifier
- I love that blinks every time that you clap
- I love that she is such a good snuggler, it just melts my heart
- I love that she is such a chill baby and just loves to soak in her surroundings
- I love that she always wakes up with a smile on her face
- I love that she is such a happy baby...I am truly blessed
Avery has become quite obsessed with her sucking and her pacifier. I am sure that those teeth will be coming in anytime now. I think part of it is also that she is very interested in food so if she have a drink or food, she tries so hard to grab it and get a piece of it. We are going to start rice cereal in about a week since her high chair just came!
She is also now big enough and strong enough to sit in a high chair. We went to eat at a restaurant and she sat in the high chair and we also took her to Costco and she sat in the cart like such a big girl!
On Saturday we went to Orange County for a day of fun with Christy and Gwen. We went to the Orange County Swap Meet, I just love that place. I got a few cool things for Avery and a Fathers Day present for Ben that I will post a picture of later. We had a great time!
Unfortunately we were not able to be with Ben on Fathers Day as is in Omaha for a little league baseball tournament. He doesn't get home until Wednesday night but I am sure that Avery will have a huge smile waiting for him! We had a nice Fathers Day with my Dad aka ThunderPa for Aves. Yes, that is what he still calls himself. We will see if that sticks.
Avery still can't decide when she wants to wake up in the morning. She gets up anytime from 6am to 830 am and there really is no consistency. I am trying to get a schedule for her but it all depends on when she wakes up in the morning. I guess she is getting the sleep that she needs and just need to be prepared for some early AM's. There have been a few times that she wakes up around 6 or 630 and I get her out of bed and bring her into bed and she falls right back asleep on me. She is such a warm little cuddly bug! I can't get enough of her! I love you Avery!










No comments:
Post a Comment