Template

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

37 weeks

I really feel like Avery has changed so much in the past week.  She has made some great strides and it crazy to think that in one little week so much can change!

This past week, Avery has began to stand for such long periods of time.  She will just stand there and watch things and then fall to her butt or bend down and start crawling around.  She will also hang onto the side of things and walk around them holding on.  She has a few toys that she can hold onto and then walk with them for a few steps.  I am sure that it won't be too long before she actually starts walking.  Everyone seems to be in such a hurry for her to start walking but I know that once she does, there is no turning back.  I think that with your first child you are always in a hurry for them to do the next thing.  First its holding their own head up, then its rolling over, then sitting up, then crawling.  It seems like there is always something that you can't wait for.  In all honesty I just think that she is changing so much and so fast that I miss my little girl being little.  I mean yes, she is little still but it seems like just a month or two ago that she was this little tiny thing that we had to do everything for.  Now she can't sit still and changing her diaper is quite the fete! I guess I just have to continue to enjoy and cherish every little stage that she's in since I know it won't last too long.


We finally did a baby gate for the top of the stairs.  It's not ideal and a little hard to open but we went through a few to finally find one that would actually work so I will take it.  There is no way she can get it open so that is what matters!

Avery also had her second music class through Music Together.  She really enjoys the class and is quite the show at class.  There are a few other babies in the class but the ages range from 8 months to about 3 or 4 years old.  She does have one little boy that is absolutely obsessed with her.  Both classes that we have been to he spends most of the time sitting next to her, kissing her, hugging her, and just trying to do anything to help her.  It's pretty cute but by the end the class I think she is ready to have a little personal space.  It is cute to watch her in class though soak in her surroundings and enjoy the music and watch her learn to move with it.

Aunt Beckie was also out this past weekend and we got out quite a bit.  We went to brunch one day and Avery got to try a wide array of new foods.  She was such a good girl at brunch and really let us enjoy our brunch.  We went to look at the fishes and Aunt Beckie even let her help her on the slot machines!

Avery spends most of the time exploring her mouth either by making a ton of new sounds, blowing bubbles or motor boating anything she can get her little mouth on.  When Sophey comes up to lick her she opens her mouth which is pretty nasty so we are trying to nip that one in the bud!

The other big change for this week is she now lifts her arms above her head when you say "How big is Avery, SOOO big"  It is pretty cute that's for sure!
She has also learned to crawl under things and has her own little jungle gym with some of her toys!
She still loves her toys and spends most of her time digging new things out of her toy box.



No comments: