Template

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

14 months

Avery turns 14 months tomorrow.  I really think that every stage that she is in continues to get more and more fun.  She is turning into such a little toddler.

She is still waking up around 7 or 730 and taking 2 naps around 10 and 3.  I think that she is getting close to going to one nap as there are times when we put her down for her nap and she plays in her crib for about an hour.  I am not sure what will happen or how we get to one nap for now I am liking the two naps so we will see what happens.

Avery's vocabulary continues to improve on a daily basis.  She says about 10 words right now ranging from baby to bubble to mama and dada and papa.  She clearly understands just about everything that we say and we can play a fun little game of simon says with her and we tell her to jump, then spin in circles, then touch her belly, touch her toes, run, touch her head, then ears, then eyes, and more and she does each of them over and over. It's so cute to see her understand us so well and interact with us more and more.

She is getting pretty good at using a fork and spoon when eating but she is beginning to be a bit of a picky eater.  I feel like I give her the same food over and over and when I try to add something new into the mix, she wants nothing to do with it.  I really do try but she just spits it out right away.


Avery has also had two accidents that have resulted in some marks on her head.  I am sure that there will be plenty more to come!

































We also got Avery a pair of crocs for the upcoming summer season!

































Here is a picture that I took of her when we went to Bass Pro Shops.

































Avery trying to help me with the laundry!

































She continues to love reading her books.  Sometimes she will flip through the pages herself and sometimes she will bring it to us and come and sit in our laps.  She sure makes me smile! (notice Ben's terrible sock tan!)




No comments: