Template

Friday, March 11, 2011

Bubbles, Elmo, and more

Our little peanut is quickly approaching 14 months.  She sure is growing up more and more and sometimes I look at her and think that my little girl is growing up in the blink of an eye.  She is saying more words, eating more things, doing more things.  She loves to eat on her own now and it still is quite a messy process but she is getting  better and better each day.
She loves to play with bubbles and can even say the word pretty well!
Then we have Elmo.  I used to think that I didn't want Avery to watch television, well that was pretty short lived.  I just never wanted to be that mother that sat their kids in front of the television.  Once Avery got a little older and busier, I wanted her to watch TV to give us a break now and then.  Well my wish came true.  Elmo is her thing and when I say thing, she is obsessed.  He is a rock star in our house.  When he is on, nothing else matters.  She knows him by name although when she says Elmo, it sounds more like "yellyow", but pretty cute to say the least.  We do our best to only let her watch TV in the morning and right before bed and of course in the car but I am thankful that she does like some sort of TV.  The best is when she snuggles up on you to watch it, it just melts my heart.  Here is a pic with her and Ben watching Elmo!
She still goes to bed at 8 and wakes up at 7, and then naps from 10-12 and 3-5.  She absolutely loves to be in her crib and many times will play in there for some time until she falls asleep. She did have a funny weekend with her naps and I thought that perhaps she was trying to move to one nap.  What I soon realized was that she was getting her first molar and to be honest this was the first time that I noticed teething symptoms with her.  I know they say the molars are the worst and I think they are right because she was a bit fussy, had a snotty nose, and had her fingers in her mouth all the time.  Sure enough that tooth finally popped through and she is back to normal!

One thing Avery loves to do is sit in her car.  What really cracks me up is that she will get her purse and go get in her car.  It's like she knows that is what you do after seeing me and Grammy do it all the time!

No comments: