Template

Sunday, May 1, 2011

15 months

What a busy last few weeks.  We have had our hands full with visitors, travel, sickness, Easter, and a very busy little toddler! 


I have sat down to write this post a few times but it seems like there is something that always pulls me away before I am finished.  So, needless to say it is time to play a little catch up.

About two weeks ago, my parents and my Dad’s two friends came out to Vegas to go to a shooting camp in Pahrump which is about 30 miles past our house.  Since all of the hotels were sold out, everyone stayed at our house.  We had a pretty packed house for about 5 days but it worked our just fine.  Luckily Ben had his brothers bachelor party that same weekend so there was one less person in the house.
Right before my parents came out, Avery got her first bout of sickness.  We have been so lucky that she has never been sick other than a little cough or runny nose here and there.  Well she has officially been sick now.  It started out as a little cough which then turned in to a runny nose and a fever.  Tuesday of that week she got a fever which we kept down by medicine.  That night she woke up in the middle of the night just crying and moaning and I got her up and she was burning up.  It was the first time since she was just about a few months old that she has woken up in the middle of the night so I knew it was pretty bad.  I took off her pj’s and put her in a tshirt, gave her some meds, and she went back to sleep. 


Over the next few days, she had a plethora of tests done on her from strep test to chest xrays to looking for an ear infection.  At the end of it all, she ended up having a viral infection on her chest which heals itself without a prescription.  They did put her on a nebulizer to help break up the chest congestion.  When we first did it, she hated it which was not surprising since she does not sit still.  By the third time, she learned to tolerate it quite well and was such a trooper.  I think she realized that it helped her quite a bit.  We did end up having to take her to the ER on the last day of her being sick for what we think was a febrile seizure.  Thank God my mom was home with her and was there to know what it was and what to do.  What would we do without our moms?  Our little trooper is back to her normal crazy self.  I did like the extra loves and cuddles I got while she was under the weather but I am glad that she is back to normal.
Aves and I flew to SD the week of Easter to spend a few days and to spend Easter there.  I actually went to a bachelorette party in Palms Springs for my bestie Jamie and left Aves in SD with my mom.  I got lots of updates and pics while I was gone.  Ben had a baseball tournament that weekend so he was not able to come.  We had a good time in Palm Springs and I came back first thing on Easter to spend the day with my family.  Avery got a Easter basket from Aunt Christi and Uncle Grant and an Elmo Easter basked from Aunt Beckie.  We did an Easter egg hunt and she caught on pretty quick.  I think she just liked getting the MM’s out of the eggs! 

Late that night, I took the red eye to Boston and have actually been here all week.  I actually don’t come home until Monday as I am headed to Nashville to run in the half marathon there.  I am meeting my friend Tara from Atlanta and my soon to be sister in law there and we are planning on a fun filled weekend.  I do miss Aves like crazy as this is the longest I have been away from her.  I also have not seen Sophey in almost two weeks and miss her like crazy too!

As far as Avery updates go, she still is a little turbo machine.  She still sleeps like a champ and for the most part takes two naps a day still.  I think that every day she says a new word.  Her new one is to say no no and shake her head.  At least she can tell us what she doesn’t want now.  She still loves to “try” to jump although it looks like a monkey flapping its arms.  One of these days she will get air. 

We have found some new things that she eats which has expanded her menu so that’s good.  She loves to be outside and go to the park and play with her water table.  She loves to smell flowers and put rocks in her mouth.  She has a new little friend in the neighborhood that likes to come play with her and she sure has a good time with Olivia!










2 comments:

Z said...

I'm glad she is all better. How scary! Now that J is in preschool both the kids are sick for what seems like the last 9 months! I'm hoping that it will make the school years easier since they've been exposed to so much we'll see! Say hi to Tara for me. You girls are amazing that you are going to run a half! Good luck!

The Dodgins said...

Oh Katie! Sounds like a rough and busy couple of weeks. I am glad that she is better. We went through all that except the seizure. I know it is all so scary. Hang in there and things will get back to normal soon!