Template

Friday, July 1, 2011

Sleep.....

Well we have had an interesting week of sleep to say the least. Here is a run down of what's been going on.

Last Tuesday, Avery was watching a Sesame street DVD on the way home from My Gym. Something on the DVD freaked her out and she lost it. She started crying and shaking so clearly she was freaked out. Needless stay say she was still upset and scared when nap time came. Instead of falling asleep she cried and never did take a nap. So she went to bed that night at 6pm! The next day nap time came and she slept about 30 minutes and woke up crying. She went to bed that night at 645. Friday came and she started to not want to be in her crib and cry when we put her down. Clearly she had some nightmares from what she saw and was associating bed time or nap time with it.

Friday night my sister and I had a dinner to go to so my mom was going to put ber down. Bed time came and she wanted nothing to do with her bed. My mom tried to put her in there but every time she tried Avery would death grip her and not let go. So, guess where she fell asleep...on the floor. Yes that's right, on the floor and she slept there all night long and didnt wake up until almost 745 in the morning!

































The next day I knew we had to have an intervention.  Avery loves her sleep and will literally play in her bed for an hour before she is ready to get out and I love that extra time so much so I needed to find a way to get my little sleeper back.  So, I took her in her room, took everything out of it, changed her sheet and talked to her about how great her bed was.  Then I took off her front number so that she could see out.  Now of course I want to take all the glory, kidding, but she started to get better from that point on.  I think she started to forget about her nightmares and she had a new bed that looked different.  I am happy to report that our old Avery is back.  She is back to sleeping for 21/2- 3 hours during the day and 11-12 hours at night and goes down without crying.  PRAISE THE LORD!!!

We are off to SD this weekend.  Can't wait to see some good friends!!!

1 comment:

Bubbies' Mom said...

I am happy for you that she is back to enjoying her crib. That was a very smart move by you to create almost a new environment for her in her room. It is rough when they go through those stages...they are at the prime age for those night terrors. I always feel so bad for Nathan when he has a bad dream or is fearful. Hang in there!