Template

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Keeping busy!

The last few weeks have been quite busy as we have spent the majority of time in San Diego.  We just got back from San Diego and were there this last time for 9 days.  Avery has quite the social calendar when we are there.  Here are just a few of the things that we did while we were there.
Spent the day at Sea World







Went to Chuck E Cheese










Aunt Boo took her to Disney on Ice one night and they had front row center seats.  The show didn't start until 7pm and she goes to bed by 8 so we were all a little worried that should turn into a pumpkin but I think the front row tickets kept her interest and she lasted the entire time and loved every second of it.


































We also went to the Pumpkin Patch twice!  She got to pet some animals and she ran around making all the animal sounds at them.  She also rode some rides all by herself and you could just see how proud of herself she was.  She also went on one of those inflatable jumpies that she had climb up and she did it all be herself.

 Her latest favorite things are horses which she says "nay nay" and trains and she says "choo choo" and pumps her arm.  One morning my parents and I took her to Balboa Park and we rode the carousel and went on the train there.  She was pretty much in heaven!


.































We also did family pictures one day and she was pretty good.  I am excited to get them back and see what they look like.  Here are few that my dad took.



































In Avery news, she has almost all of her teeth now and last week was a pretty poopy week to say the least.  The dreaded diareah from teething came in full force but at least that was her only symptom.  Here is a pic of one of her pajamas.  The morning that that she made this mess she woke up pretty early, which you can see why, and started saying "momma, momma" which is abnormal because normally she plays for awhile in her bed before getting up.  So I went in there and found her covered almost from head to toe.  Needless to say I took her right to the bathtub for a major scrub down!

































Her vocabulary is improving just about every day and she seems to have a new word for just about everything.  I know her language and what she is saying but half the time the words she uses sound nothing like what she is trying to say.  She a new high pitched "oh" sound for anything that is new and exciting and I know that I will miss her little sounds and words when she actually learns to talk in real words!

Potty training seems to be on the horizon but not quite yet. She sure is better about letting you change her diaper and even tells you "poopoo" and points at her diaper when she goes pee or poo.  I will sure love a diaper free house when she learns to go on the big girl potty! She is also really into stacking blocks and doing more fine motor skills.  Coloring or drawing is still a favorite activity of hers!



And how could I forget a picture of her and her favorite stuffed animal!

Have a great week!

No comments: