Template

Monday, October 1, 2012

We moved!

Well I have been waiting for this day for some time.  After almost 5 years in Las Vegas, we have officially moved back to San Diego!  We have been in the new house for almost two weeks and we are closer to getting settled but still have a lot to do!  We have quite a bit of decorating and making this home a "home" but we get a little closer every day and being back in San Diego is worth all the stress.  I will miss our family in Vegas and the friends that we made but I am sure that we will be back and they will have to come visit us!

Leading up to the move was a bit stressfull to say the least.  We had Avery with us just about every day which was a bit of a challenge but she was a trooper.  Whenever we tried to pack things in the old house, she would freak out and say "oh no, my ...."  She really didn't like things out of place or us putting her things away.  It took her awhile to realize that her things were just being moved.  She still didn't really like the idea of that but she got over it.  She kept saying that was going to come back to this house (Vegas) so we were a little unsure of how she would do long term but now if you ask her, she says that this house is better because it has more "light".  I have no idea what she means by that but in her mind, I am sure that it makes sense. 

We really do love this new house though and Avery has such a big room!  We have some things that we still need to do to her room but she sure loves her new big girl bed!  She knows that she has to stay in her bed until we come get her and she has been a champ in it since day 1! Her latest thing is that she knows not to call us until the sun comes out and then she can be awake which is typically around 7-7:30.  In fact this morning I wanted to sleep in and she came in and said "momma you have to wake up, the sun is up, see" and then went over to the window and opened it to show me.  Not much gets by her.

In our new house we have a much bigger back yard which is really nice for Avery.  We are about a mile and half from my parents and we have great friends from college that live about 10 houses away.  We are so close to just about everything and we are loving this weather!  I do miss our old house and the memories that we made there.  It was the first house that Ben and I bought together, the house we brought our first child home to, and we spent the first five years of our life together there, but change is good and we are ready! 

Goodbye Vegas, hello San Diego! ( I will add pics to this post later:)

No comments: