Template

Monday, October 1, 2012

32 months - September

What a month!  Most of the month we spent either packing, moving, or unpacking so I have to say I have lacked in the picture category but I will get better this month.  We started the month by Ben and I going to Cabo for a few days for a little baby moon before this little girl comes.  Avery stayed with Abagee and Papa (Grammy and Grampa but she has since made her own names for them, similiar to what she did for Aunt Boo who is supposed to be Aunt Beckie).  She had a great time and Ben and I had a great time with some friends in Cabo.  A big thanks to the McAullife's for letting us stay in their beautifull condo in Cabo!


Once we got home, it was packing full force.   The Saturday before we left, we had a little get together with our friends which was nice.  Then the movers came on Monday and Aves and I were there for a few hours in the morning but we realized pretty quick that we had to get her out of there.  So I took her to play and then off to Abagee's house for a nap.  We ended up staying at Marv and Jan's house that night and then Aves and I flew to SD the next day while Ben stayed behind one more day and packed up some last minute things and drove the car out.  The movers showed up with our stuff on Thursday and after a few hiccups along the way, we are now in our new house!




The day the movers came Aunt Boo took Avery to Legoland and of course she had a great time.  Aunt Boo sure does spoil her! My mom has started having her a few days a week and they have gone to Sea World now twice and a few other fun places.  I know that the schedule will change quite a bit once this new baby comes but for now we are enjoying being able to get Aves out and about as much as we can and really enjoy San Diego! 


Overall Avery has been really good with the move.  We know there is a lot of transition with her with a new house, new baby, new bed.  She has had her moments that we are trying to avoid but she is pretty strong willed.  She has had to go to time out quite a bit and we have begun to take away her toys when she acts out.  I hope that this will help her realize that her behavior is not going to be tolerated but I am trying to have patience knowing that she is going through quite a bit of change.  95% of the time she is the sweetest, most loviest little girl.  She loves to give hugs and kisses and she is really quite a funny.  Then within a split second she can turn into a little monster but at least it is short lived.  Must be those terrible twos!  Gotta love her though!!

Avery's schedule is pretty much the same as it has been.  She goes to bed a little later here since we have been pretty busy so she is finally down about 9.  Most days we have to wake her up at 5:30 from her nap so going to be a little later is ok.  She has been waking up around 7 or 730.  She loves her new bed and she is quite particular about what "friends" get to sleep lined up next to her.  If you try to put a different one on her bed, she can tell right away and makes you take it out of the room or if she is missing one she knows exactly which one and where it is. 





































She has been playing with her friends here in SD quite a bit and really getting a taste of what it will be like to have to share her toys when her sister comes.  Most of the time she was fine but we are working through some of those moments.  She really has gotten into reading on her own and she tells the story in her own way.  She can also play pretty well on her own which is nice!  Her diet consists of about 5 things, chicken and french fries, pizza, quesidilla, soup, blueberries, strawberries, She also really loves to take showers these days.  We try to take them with her but she is such a water hog!  Our water bill has gone up as a result of her! 

She has also not used the pacifier in about a week.  I have not brought it up to her at all and she just one day didn't ask for it and has not asked for it since.  I am praying that we are done with that phase but we shall see.  I have continued to be so worried about every phase but the transistion from crib to bed and no pacifier could not have gone smoother.  Thank you God! 

Other than Avery updates, we are just busy getting settled into our new house and waiting for this new baby to come.  She still does not have a name and it may be a gametime decision unless something comes to us in the middle of the night! 



No comments: