Template

Friday, June 7, 2013

Guest blog posting by Daddy for Avery

Early on I was hoping for a baby boy and came up with the name “Dudeson.” It stuck for a while, or at least until we found out 100% you were coming to us as a girl. A little while later we agreed on “Avery,” and began spreading the word. When you were born, the name and everything about you was perfect.


Three years later, I have no regrets about you not being a boy and cherish all the time we spend together. All our days at Child’s Play, Kidville, Parks, Museums, Aquariums and anywhere a season pass was sold, we had one for you. Talk about a busy kid, you are it. Of course, it got pretty hot and cold in Las Vegas, so these passes were a necessity.

San Diego has been a little easier on the passes, but you still got a few of those. In addition to Sea World and the Children’s Museum, we get to go to the Bay/Beach and collect seashells, or just go down the street and hang with your friend Kaylyn, while daddies talk baseball.

Daddy Day Care has most certainly been a blast and I like to think I have had a hand in helping you become the character you are. From the slight OCD you have, to the tooting and nose picking; these are things your mother will blame on me. So let’s hope when you are able to read and understand this, your gross habits will have disappeared. I learned the hard way that kids mimic everything their parents do…sorry!

I could go on and on writing about all the memories we have had together in your first three years, but I won’t. I will end with some of my favorite things about you and to do with you from this time span.

• Your fantastic sleeping pattern
• Watching you begin to laugh / play at 5am while mommy caught up on sleep
• Getting you dressed for the day
• Your smile
• Listening to your stories
• Watching you pick your own outfit and get dressed alone
• Hide and Seek
• Avery-isms – upside over, that should do it, that’s weird, maybe next year
• Walking in the door to hear you say, “Daddy…I missed you!”
• Negotiating with me to stay in your room at bed time
• Laying down with you in morning for an extra half hour of sleep while you watch movie on my phone
• Your imagination and creativity
• Taking you to baseball
• Your prayers

Your mother and I are truly blessed to have a little girl like you. I wish you could stay young forever, but I will take what I get.

I love you tons!

Daddy

No comments: