Template

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Kennedy 27 Weeks

What a week!  Let me just say that everything that was not supposed to go according to plan did... but we survived.  So let me take you back to Saturday.  We had a trip planned to Last Vegas to see Abagee and Papa.  Ben's high school team decided to turn it up a notch and make it into playoffs and not only that, do REALLY well.  So on Saturday morning, instead of packing the car for Ben and Avery to drive out and Kennedy and I to fly out, I ended up having to pack for the three of us and book Avery a last minute ticket . This was my first time flying with both girls and needless to say I was a little nervous especially since I had to bring just about everything since Ben would not be driving out her car seat and stroller.  So we got all packed up and made it to Las Vegas.  Both kids were really good to be quite honest and they both fell asleep but I was a little stressed to say the least.  I did win mother of the year award by getting K's foot caught in her stroller chasis as I was trying to open it.  Luckily their little bones are still like gumby and the only mark of it happening was her blotchy little face from crying for a minute. 

We made it to Abagees and Papas house and had a nice time there.  Ben was not able to make it since his team kept winning so we were planning to come home for his final game if they made it.  I was actually supposed to have a work trip while in Vegas and be gone for two days but God had other plans for us.  Marv ended up in the hospital Tuesday night so early Wednesday we decided to get on a flight and head home so they could get Marv healthy.  So I found myself back on a plane with both kids.  The second flight was a little less stressful but flying alone with both kids is not my favorite thing to do.  The good news is that Marv got out of the hospital pretty fast and they were able to come out for Ben's championship game and spend the weekend here with us.

Ben's team didn't win the final game but were are proud of how far they made it.  We all went to the final game and Avery loved cheering for Daddy and Kennedy enjoyed looking at everything around her.  She sure is a nosy little baby!

She is getting so close to crawling and gets up on all fours and rocks quite a bit.  It will literally be any day now.  She continues to love just about any food that she can get her go go gadget arms on.  On the down side, traveling got her in a bad habit and now she is waking up once a night.  Since she won't take a pacifier, I have to feed her.  I know I need to make her cry it out to get her out of the habit but I just can't do it yet... let's just pray she does it on her own soon.  At the end of the day, its a phase and she goes back to sleep very easily and I know I will look back and realize that it was very short lived so for now I am trying to enjoy those middle of the night snuggles! She continues to be such a happy, easy baby and smiles at just about anyone.  She still is on her 2 nap schedule and and getting bigger and stronger every day!








No comments: