My sweet, angelic Kennedy... Kidding! She is sweet but angelic... that's funny! She keeps us on our toes every single day and she sure gets more and more personality each and every day. She pretty much understands everything that we say to her but she has yet to say a word.. she just has her little sounds that she does. One sounds like she is clearing her throat and one is nah! I think her nah sound pretty much is her word for just about everything for the time being. She will point and say NAH! Quirky little kid. She wakes up and goes straight to the sliding door wanting to go outside but its too cold and early for that! She gets mad and then we distract her and she is fine!
In the past week, I have started only feeding her mornings and nights and by the end of this week, I am only feeding her nights. I plan to use what I have left in the freezer and then give her 1-2 bottles of regular milk so that that by the time we use up what we have saved, she can transition straight to regular milk full time. So far she has not had any issues with the 1-2 bottles of regular milk. For me it's bittersweet because nursing her has always been "our" time and now that I am only doing it one time a day, I realize just how fast the last year went. At times it has felt like groundhogs day and nursing and traveling while nursing has quite a few challenges but I wouldn't change it for the world. I am happy that I got both kids to almost a year and never had to give them formula. I am sure once I am done 100% it will be sad but also very freeing...
Kennedy got to go to her first pumpkin patch this year. I still have fond memories of being here last year with Aves right before I had Kennedy. I am sure that each year that we go, I will reminisce about the previous year and say "remember when".
Fall us upon us and we are having to go through her clothes pretty much every single day. She is growing like a weed and in 18 month clothes for the most part. She never crawls, gets faster at walking every singe day, and gets a little more spitfire with each waking moment. I can see a glimpse of what Avery and Kennedy will be like one day - sweet and caring and then hitting and smacking each other. I keep trying to tell Avery that she needs to teach Kennedy what she is not supposed to do but so far it hasn't worked yet. All in due time:) She still loves to throw food over the side of her high chair and she gets flicked each time she does it. She hates to be yelled at and gets her little pouty face which is pretty funny actually! She has such a fake cry and it is so pathetic that you can't help but laugh at her. She has been waking up again at night for who knows why but we are about at wits end and ready to just let her cry and cry until she realizes that she won't win:) Our little troublemaker!!!
















No comments:
Post a Comment