Template

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Christmas 2014

We sure are blessed.  Our house looked like Christmas through up all over it… in a good way.  Christmas Eve we went to Nana and Papas with my moms side of the family.  Avery was so excited to see cousin Layton and Cara is getting big too.  It’s crazy to think that these two are only 9 months apart.  Kennedy sure trumps Cara!






The next morning, the girls slept in as usual and by about 830, we made our way down to see what Santa had brought them.  All Kennedy asked for was toys, and Avery wanted Pasqual from Rapunzel… needless to say Santa got off easy!











We took a break from gifts and had a little breakfast and the girls played with the toys that they got from Christmas Eve and boy were they happy.  I thought about hiding all their gifts for next year because they were so happy with what they already had! When Uncle Grant and Aunt Christi (and Lily) got there, we opened up the rest of the presents… which took quite some time because we had so many things to open.  Kennedy is really into the present opening and is quite good at it too.  She loved her baby doll and stroller and Avery loved all her toys and really has been playing with all of them. 












Auntie Pam and Lee came over and we had a really nice time with them.  We had our annual Cuatros meal and it was as delicious as ever.  I love that we have been doing that tradition for so long and I really hope that we can continue this tradition for many years to come.

My goal next year is to find a family that we can sponsor and be involved with so that we can buy gifts for them and have Avery and Kennedy actually meet the people that we are blessing.  I want them to see how important it is to help others especially around Christmas.   I am thankful again for an amazing Christmas and for gifts I don’t need but like, a roof over our head, healthy children, and loving family to share it with.  And most importantly, for the true meaning of why we celebrate Christmas.
Merry Christmas!

No comments: