Template

Thursday, March 19, 2015

February 2015

February = Superbowl!

This year we didn't really care who won the game (Patriots vs Seahawks), but it's always an excuse to have a party.  Jules had the grand idea of putting together a flag football game for the Ex-Tecs and their spouses... all good and fun until you can't walk the next day!  It was a fun day of spending time with friends, watching and playing football, laughter, pinatas that Sophey got into to make herself sick, and lots of yummy food thanks to Aunt Boo.  I think we may just make this a yearly thing from now on!














































Although it's winter and supposed to be cold, it really hasn't been!  After one of Avery's group observations for one of the schools we are applying to, we met Eden and Elyn at the park up north for some fun in the sun.  As always, the kids had a good time and it sure was a nice day!









































That evening the Ring's came up for dinner... Goodness these two who have birthdays 9 days apart are getting so big!





































Look at the difference in these photos... I love how much these kids are growing together and changing!








































We celebrated Valentines day this month... Avery had a party in her class... and well we just celebrated at home.  Ben was gone that day in LA for baseball so I took the girls to the Zoo with a co-worker and his daughter.  Then that evening, Aunt Boo, Bubba, and Matt and Emma came over for a nice dinner that Aunt Boo made.  The girls got to make cookies and we all had a nice quiet evening in.









































We celebrated Mr Dylan's birthday by doing a round robin tennis tournament... which Ben and I did not do too well at.  We need to practice that is for sure!



We also made our way back to Disneyland for three days.  Nana and Papa came up for one day.. .and Cooper and Bailey went for the first time too! We had a great time with everyone!























Daddy was busy with baseball and I traveled to Denver and Phoenix for work and Nana, Papa, and Aunt Boo held down the fort while we both traveled. Abagee came in town for a few days while Carolina and Ryan were in town for their daughters baptism.  I actually took both girls and they behaved quite well.  Avery went to the brunch following but I went  home with Kennedy and we had a nice afternoon nap.  I really want to take a nap with her sometime... and I am sure that I will but I am scared that once I do, she will want to nap with me everyday and the times that I actually get to nap are few and far between so I don't want to start a bad habit!

Kennedy is such a joy to be around.  This is a VERY fun age to say the least. Her favorite word is because.  She loves to talk in third person, "me not like that".  She is witty, funny, STUBBORN, playful, has a cackle like no other, loves to be tickled, sleeps like a rock, and knows how to manipulate just about everyone.  Getting her to sleep is still challenging because she has to sit next to you, talk, then cuddle but has to climb on you herself without you helping her, then do kisses, then she climbs into bed, and then you have to lean back by yourself in the chair... quite the routine I know.  She goes to bed around 8-8:30 and I usually get her out of bed around 7:30 or 8.  She loves to lay in her bed and line her babies up and sing songs and who knows what else.  I don't ever hear her in the morning until I wake up so know knows when she actually wakes up!  I love that her and Avery have always loved their beds and slept great.... although now Avery still comes in our bed every night.. which makes for some extra cuddles but kicks in the face at night too!  It too shall pass!
















































The girls for the most part play well together and they each have a kindness chart that they get a magnet if they are kind to one another.  When they fill that up, they get a prize.  I love their relationship and it's pretty funny to let them duke it out from time to time... they are getting old enough to talk through things.  One day they were getting into in the playroom, I walked out of the room and five minutes later they walked out and told me that they worked it out and proceeded to explain to me how and why.  It just about melted my heart.  I love these two!












No comments: