We are officially 1/4th of the way through the
year. These two little beauties sure
keep us on our toes. Every day is a new
adventure and just like that, they both move from one phase to another. It is amazing how fast kids learn new things
and pick up new habits. Avery has always
had a thing for making a smacking sound during sentences and pause points, and
Kennedy now does that same thing.
Kennedy just wants to be like her big sister! Overall they play really well together. Both girls are excellent at playing alone and
play well together unless they both want the same toy, which tends to
happen.
When our schedules allow for us to both be home for bedtime,
we take turns with each of them switching every night. Most nights this is fine but there are times
when they both want mommy or daddy… so
someone ends up crying which is short lived.
When Ben and I are home alone, we put Kennedy to bed first and Avery
gets to watch her videos on the Ipad.
She sure watches some interesting things like kid cooking shows, or
people showcasing toys with just their hands, or play dough videos. Kennedy has taken a liking to these as
well! Avery falls asleep within 5
minutes most nights but Kennedy, that kid sure likes to talk and sing and
jabber jaw when we put her to bed. She
still won’t snuggle with us so we have to sit on her rocking chair next to
her. We can’t put our arm around her and
rarely will she let us touch her. When
we act sad, she says, “well I can give you a kiss”. It’s always about bartering with her. She is going to be quite the negotiator! Ben almost always falls asleep with both
kids, no matter who he puts to sleep.
When I try to give Kennedy a count down, she always says, “well daddy
fall asleep with me!” If she would fall
asleep, I would love to stay in there as there is nothing better than a baby
sleeping on you. It is one of my
favorite things!
We have been busy as always.
Ben is winding down his baseball season but they are doing well so they
will most likely go to playoffs. Avery
still is in school 3 ½ days and Kennedy will start in the Fall. Avery and Daddy flew out to Las Vegas for 2
days to celebrate the 1 year passing of Papa Rosenthal. This gave me a night to myself with little
Kendo. Aunt Boo and I took her to her
first taste of sushi and then to Target.
I think she enjoys to be the cream of the crop at times! She has also learned to say her entire
name. “My name is Kennedy Mavin
Rosenthal and Chuck Norris because I so strong”
The next day I took the day off so I could take Kennedy to
Sea World, just the two of us. I think
it is very important to give them each time to themselves, one on one. Kennedy and I got this time for those two
days and we had a blast! She is quite
the character. I think we went on the
Abby ride 4 times without getting off once!
We celebrated Easter day at our house with our family
over. The Hamrics came over as well and
we had a great time with good fun, family and friends, and a nice game of corn
hole, which Ben and I obviously won! Cooper and Kennedy have quite a thing... it's pretty cute!
Ben had a weekend off which is rare so we decided to do a
Staycation down the Marriott Harbor Island. We stayed down for 2 night/3 days
and just laid low. We live in such a
great city so it was nice to stay local and enjoy some of its beauty. We wanted to do a family bike ride but
Kennedy decided very adamantly that she would not be going on the bike. Not sure why but she was not having any part
of it. We tried to bribe her with
everything, she wouldn’t budge. Even
when I threatened her going to take a nap if she wouldn’t ride it, she said fine,
and off to our room for nap time we went.
She sure is stubborn and strong willed, a trait that will suit her very
well in life!
This was my first taste of sleeping with both girls in one
bed, and surprisingly it went just fine.
Avery also decided she wanted to hold a bird, pretty brave
for a girl that tends to be scared of quite a bit!
I had to go to Boston and Phoenix for just about 5 days so
Abagee came out and helped hold down the fort while I was gone! As always the girls had a great time with her
and are always sad when she has to leave!
Kennedy is sure getting into her dancing and dressing
skills. We pick our battles so most of
the time she ends up wearing things that are quite interesting. You gotta love a 2 and 5 year olds sense of
style!
I decided to surprise Avery with a fun filled day at
Disneyland with her best friend Gwen.
Neither of us told the girls a thing and we just left like I was taking
her to school. It was a good thirty
minutes before she asked where we were going!
I just told her it was a surprise and when we pulled up at Gwen’s, she
asked, “is this Gwen’s house???” Avery
rang the doorbell and Gwen started screaming and they were both so
excited! We then got in the car and
drove to Disney and had such a fun time all together. Besties with the besties! Can’t get much better!
Kennedy is still working on being potty trained. She is great at going pee-pee but poo poo is
another story. She will go days in
between her poops and when she goes, they are massive!!!!
Kennedy also had her first haircut this month! Avery went first to try to break the ice but
Kennedy wasn’t having it. She would not
let them wash her hair but after some bribery, she let them spray her hair and
cut it. We just made it all one length
and it turned out really cute. She has
the prettiest blonde hair with little curls at the end, hair that people pay
for. And hers comes natural!
These two are simply amazing and we are blessed every day by
them. I thank God that they are happy
and most importantly healthy.

No comments:
Post a Comment