Almost half way through the year. Crazy!
Starting out the month of May, I took an extended trip to Orlando for
work and then on to New Orleans with some friends. I was gone for a little over a week and I
missed those kids like crazy! Thank goodness
for Facetime!
The kids stayed busy while I was gone. Abagee came out for part of the trip and then flew Avery back to Las Vegas and I picked her on my way home from New Orleans. We have gotten really good at looking for flights that pass through Vegas to either drop off or pick up Avery so she can spend some time in Las Vegas. The kids went to Sea World, the park, Souplantation… you name it, they did it. Avery even had a fancy tea party with Abagee in Las Vegas which she made them both dress up for. That little fancy princess!
The kids have taken quite their own individual liking to certain things.
Avery likes to save special thing… in her special box. She brought down her special box and was saving an easter egg that we decorated… from Easter. Thank goodness she pulled that out or else we may have started smelling something!
She loves high heels and dresses
And likes to try to match what I am wearing....(we both had long skirts on)
But also likes to change it up....
And she got her first pair of “high heels”
We have been going to Alcott quite a bit and both the
girls are getting really good at riding their bikes, scooters, and cars. Avery is getting pretty good at the monkey
bars… she just needs a little more confidence.
We took one last trip to Disneyland before we stop for the summer. Mr. Matt and Emma joined us on this trip and the girls had a great time. I think the pictures say enough.
Mommy had one last girls trip that we had planned awhile back to Palm Springs… we had a great time. I love that so many of my friends have kids that will grow up together and hopefully one day do trips like this.
Kennedy is quite the conversationalist these days that’s for sure! She told us the other day that we bad and naughty for not doing what she wanted. Then she told us that her brain hurt. She still has to take her time waking up… and you can’t come get her until she is ready for you. She has to have her green and red baby… and sleep with two blankees, which are not gubba gus anymore. Her nighttime routine is still the same… she makes you lean back with her and then when she climbs in bed, you have to lean back by yourself. I climb in bed with her in the morning and snuggle with her and I love that time with her. She is so funny and says the most random stuff. Her brain is always working! We have also officially moved to big girl pants unless it’s nap or bed time. She is getting close to not needing them at all but she is not quite there. Pooping is still a bit of a challenge and she will go days in between. I am not sure what she is scared of but if we catch her going, we can get her on the toilet unless its at the end of nap time… and she will just go in her diaper. We are close! I am hoping that I won’t have to ever buy a pack of diapers and just use what we have. That will be so wonderful!

No comments:
Post a Comment