Her bed time routine has changed in that I don't lean back with her in the chair and any more... unlike daddy who still does and falls asleep in there every night. We take turns on which kid we put to sleep and every single night, regardless of what which room he is in, he always falls asleep. Kennedy makes a point to tell me that she always wants daddy to put her to sleep because daddy is the best and falls asleep with her... smhhh! I now lay in bed with her, she wraps her little arms around my neck, and we cuddle all while giving her back and tummy tickles... which she is quite a big fan of. We sing songs, talk, pray(although most of the time she won't let me pray for her), and give lots of kisses. I love my nights with her but mornings are just as awesome. She calls for me in the morning, I have to always wait for Avery to go in, then we sing "good morning good morning good morning its time to rise and shine.... and then its time to rise and shine and give God the glory glory" The girls sing along with me and mornings with them make me feel so happy I don't have to rush off to an office and I can enjoy a little time with them. The are such a blessing.
August was a busy and warm month... as the last couple months have been. We started the month by going to the Zoo... we have passes but haven't been lately so we decided to make a morning out of it! Of course Aunt Boo spoiled them with face painting!
Later that day Avery had her dance recital rehearsal and then we celebrated Daddy's birthday that evening!
Avery had another recital and did a GREAT job!
Avery and Kennedy both started their second week of swim lessons and let me tell you they are swimming like champs! It is amazing how good of swimmers they are becoming!
We also did a second week of VBS at a new church. The girls love this camp and Kennedy didn't cry this whole week. She also got to stay to with Avery the whole time so I am sure that helped!
The Oreshack's stayed down at the beach condo and we had a fun evening with the crew! So fun to watch these kids grow up!
We also decided to go ice skating one day. That was a treat! The kids took a lesson and did... OK.... I don't think that we will have any ice skaters in our future but the kids had a good time!
Funny gum story - At Elyn's birthday party, Mrs. Autumn gave the kids a beautiful necklace... or so I thought. Two weeks later I found out they were big gum balls! These kids have never had gum or allowed to have gum! So I told Avery that she of course couldn't have it. So I go to take a shower... and come out to find this. Technically I didn't tell Kennedy that she couldn't have it... Way to find a loop hold kiddo.
Aunt Boo brought some arts and craft for the kids.... fun, messy times!
The girls went to the museum with the kids. I love how Nana and Papa take them to such fun places. They sure are lucky!
Avery started school! So the day before her first day, I took her to get her hair done and she loved it and her hair looked amazing. We then went to meet your teacher day.
Then she had her first day of school! It was bittersweet. I was soooo happy that she was excited. She was up before any of us, was in her room and got dressed, hair combed and teeth brushed and came in our room to wake us up with the biggest smile on her face. It was soooo cute! I love how excited she was! I did shed a few tears but she was so happy so it was hard to be sad.
Daddy is still putting Kennedy to bed and falling asleep. This is how they look when I go in there to wake him up!
We had a family evening at Sea World. The best use of money is getting the all you can eat plan at Sea World! You get so much food. We all had a great time and we sure live in an amazing city!
We have continued to spend quite a bit of time with our buddies Cooper and Bailey. The girls sure love those boys and they truly are sweet kids!
Chocolate chip Mickey Mouse pancakes are a breakfast staple in our house. The kids love them... especially on the couch. At least they don't use syrup so it makes them much less messy!
We had our house tented since in preparation to buy it! The girls thought it was pretty cool to have a big tent over our house... and they told just about everyone that they came in contact with.
I went to Lake Arrowhead for Britt's bach party so the kids had a fun daddy weekend! They go to go to Aunt Boo's and see Chuka and Gracie!
We had a fun night at Hawain night at Chik-fa-la... kids got to go in a jumpy, get their face painted, and play games. They had a good time!
Since Avery is now officially in Kindergarten, we took Kennedy on a little alone trip to Disneyland. It was so much fun and such a different experience with just her. She is officially 40" now so she got to go on some new rides and she thought she was pretty hot stuff! She is such a different kid when she doesn't have Avery to compete with.
The girls have a complete and utter fascination with tape and scissors. They tape just about everything and get quite creative! One day Kennedy was playing with scissors at Nana's and decided to use them on Papa's shirt. She did a pretty good cut, thank goodness Nana knows how to use patches!
We are so happy that Great Grandpa moved to San Diego so that we can drop in and visit when we like!
Avery and Kennedy were also "flower girls" for Britt and Dylan's wedding. They had a very small wedding so when they had a BBQ, Avery and Kennedy got to be part of their day. They were in heaven!
The girls are continuing to get along so well. The are very sweet together and I just can't get enough of them.
And here are a few other pics from the month.
First day of school lunch!

No comments:
Post a Comment