September! We are two weeks in for Avery's school and she is
doing great and loving school! She goes to be early because she is so
worn out but she loves it. Here is what they do every week!
Since she is officially a Kindergardener, I took her for a little
pampering. I can't wait to take both of them although then it gets more
expensive!
We had a nice weekend away in Temecula and we celebrated Aspen's birthday. I love a little R&R time but I sure miss those girls!
September means that Kennedy started school! She was excited to go... but nervous at the same time. Avery starts school at 8 and Kennedy starts at 8:30 which works out well since they are right next door to each other. I am the easy one so I knew that if I took her and she was crying, I wouldn't be able to leave. Ben took Avery when she first started too so we did the same thing with Kennedy. She cried and was so sad but every day gets a little better. She only cries a few minutes and then she is fine. She just has the saddest and cutest pout that it just about breaks your heart! She loves school, loves her teachers, and has a great time. She stays for lunch on the two days that she goes as well.
A few months back Abagee and Avery went to Kansas to visit Stella and Ruby and later this month daddy is heading out there as well so I decided to take Kennedy for a long weekend and go visit them. I was really looking forward to this as it is not very often I get alone time with Kennedy. We spent almost three years alone with Avery but with the second+ kid, that never happens. She is such a fun little kid so I was so excited to spend a few days with just her, and get to cuddle in bed with her which is only allowed in hotels. We stopped at the store and got a few toys for the plane and she was sooooo good. She had to hold my hand for a lot of the flight, kept her hands in the air since she called the plane ride a "ride", and watched her movies. During the flight when it was dead quiet, she would talk back to Mickey and yell "Otootles". It was cute and embarrassing all at the same time!
While we were there the girls had a great time. We had some yummy food, spent some quality time just hanging out, played outside, visied a pet zoo after we had a epic fail trying to visit an apple farm which wasn't open, visited a train stations, and just enjoying each other's company. I sure wish we lived closer! We even moved both car seats to the way back so that the girls could sit together in the car!
One thing that has become a staple in our house is pranking each
other. The kids love to do this to us. They take our stuff, hide
it, or jam stuff under our pillows. We have Papa to thank for this!
Kennedy is in dance twice a week and Avery takes gymnastics and
Jazz. They love Mrs. Barbara and Kennedy is becoming quite the acrobat!
This is a perfect example of what our bed looks like at night.... as you can see this is why we don't allow Kennedy to sleep with us. There would be no room!
We had a fun night away from the kids and went to see my FAVORITE band Zac Brown Band. It was the best concert I have ever been to!
Kennedy had a sleepover at Nana and Papa's and in typical Kendo fashion, made a line out of something!
The following day we had plans to go to Sea World. Avery
came right from the sleepover and she was exhausted but we had a fun time then
came home and all took naps! Best Sunday ever!
Kennedy has the MOST sensitive ears. When anything is loud, she has to cover her ears. Loud noises have always bothered her ever since she was a baby and a motorcycle would drive by. Now it is just about anything! She is too funny!
We had a few more play dates with our buddies Cooper and Bailey... we sure love that family!
And while the kids played, we went to work and put together this beauty!
Daddy went to Kansas City and got to have some quality Stella and Ruby time... and also got a chance to see some baseball and football games with Shelby.
Avery had Johnny Appleseed day... and I got to go watch. She had a great time but freaked out on the apple bobbing... she can be so silly and nervous sometimes!
Avery is starting soccer. She is playing with Kaylyn and they get to be on the same team. I can't wait to watch the games!
Avery had a random Monday off of school so we went to Disneyland
for the day with Aunt Boo and Nana. Chuka and Gracie met us up
there too and we had such a great day!
Kennedy spent quite a bit of time cleaning the stroller....
Kennedy speaks in a way that just about melts my heart. She forgets to say her S's when the word is not at the beginning. "I went to chool today" She doesn't say her R's very well but combine that with her little cute voice, I just can't get enough of her. She is funny, witty, sassy, and smart all rolled into that little brain. She will tell you when you are being sassy and tell sissy that she has to go to timeout when she is being bad. Goodness that kid is funny.
Avery is growing up by the minute. She has a solid group of friends at school and we have had a few play dates. We are blessed that she can to school there and get such a strong education and learn about God at the same time. I love that these two love each other and that we have healthy and happy kids!

No comments:
Post a Comment