Template

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

23 weeks






















Fun in the sun should be the title of this week but that would throw off my pattern!  We have had a fun and exciting week, or weekend for that matter.  Nana was here until Thursday and then left to go home.  It sure is nice having extra hands around the house.  I know Avery was sad to see her go and Nana sure misses her but back to reality.  Ben's mom (Grammy) has been visiting his brother Aaron in West Virginia so she has not gotten to see Avery in almost a week and a half and is ready to spend some time with her this week. 















Having a 3 day weekend sure was nice.  We had a total of 4 parties to attend and made it to all of them.  Avery was a little angel and didn't cry at all even with being in the car quite awhile driving to all of the parties.  Some of Ben's friends commented on how good of a baby she was and didn't cry and it made me think first off how blessed we are and secondly that I can not remember the last time that she cried.  Sure, she gets fussy and frustrated at certain times, but I honestly can not remember the last time I heard an all out cry.  Thinking about that makes me remember all the times when she was younger and we would be in the car and I would take specific routes to places so that we didn't have to stop or run into lights because as long as the car was moving she was fine.  As soon as it stopped she would scream her little head off.  Nowadays, she just sucks on her pacifier or plays with her toys and stares out the window or falls asleep.  Car rides are much more peaceful these days that's for sure!















Back to the BBQ's.  We had a great time spending the weekend with friends and getting some pool and sun time in.  The weather was not too bad, mid 90's which is much better than 100+ weather.  Avery has also become a little fish in the water.  I dunked her for the first time and she didn't cry at all.  She was a little shocked and scared but that will take time to get used to. We got her a little floater that has a sun shade and she just sits in there and kicks away and splashes.  Thinking about her in the pool brings a smile to my face as she truly loves to be in the pool. 















I am working on her nap schedule during the day as that is one thing that is not consistent with her.  She almost always goes for her first nap between 9 and 930 but how long she sleeps depends on how full the moon is, kidding!  She is taking 2-3 naps a day and turns into a pumpkin by 7 or 730 at the latest.  Ben made a commend about how she can stay up late one night so we can go to one of his baseball games.  I just laughed and I think now he realizes how impossible that would be unless we wanted a tired and cranky baby.  She is sleeping 11 hours a night so she is waking up around 6:30 or 7.  I prefer the 7am hour but having a baby that sleeps through the night is something I would not trade for anything. She has her nap/bedtime routine down pat in that she has to have her pacifier and little blanket.  She takes her hands and opens and closes it around the blanket and then rubs it on her face and falls asleep that way.  Sometimes I just put her in her crib when its nap time and she does the same thing.  I just love her falling asleep on my as I know she won't be this little for too much longer!  She also loves to rub her ear as she falls asleep which I think is funny since Ben had a thing with ears when he was a baby too.  She really does take after him!

The other big thing of the week was CEREAL!  We got her high chair, which she loves, (thank you Sara for the recommendation).  At first she was a little confused by what was going in her mouth and spend the first few days playing with it, but now she has got it down and actually eats most of it. She is just so intrigued to actually eat like the rest of us that she really doesn't care too much how it tastes!  I plan on doing just rice cereal and oatmeal this month and then when she turns 6 months actually starting her on food.  The high chair is nice since it has wheels.  I can just pull her into the kitchen and put some toys up there and she can watch me and play with her toys. 


























































We also got her a few new toys that she had fun playing with at Gwen's house.  I need to find a toy chest that I love for downstairs so that our house doesn't turn into a playpen!





























She is continuing to get closer and closer to crawling and ends up going backwards most of the time. 















Her and Sophey continue to become closer every day and pretty soon she will be chasing her around the house!
































As a side note, I have officially entered my 30's!  I am actually fine with it and very happy with where I am in life.  I have a wonderful family, friends that I adore, money in the bank, and a roof over my head.  I feel blessed and am thankful for all that I have so turning 30 was no biggie!  Thanks for all the birthday wishes. 

No comments: