Template

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

26 weeks - 6 months

My baby is six months old!  I can not believe it. She is growing before our eyes and becoming such a little busy body.  She loves her new found mobility and does not like to sit still. I remember the days that we would go out to eat and she would either sleep the entire time or sit still long enough for us to eat.  Now she does not want to sit still. 
















We spent most of the week in San Diego with my family and Nana was able to get some more Avery time in.  My mom has a ton of tapes (yes tapes, not CD's) from when we were little kids and Avery listened to them all week.  It's amazing how many of the words came right back to me after not hearing the music for years!  I hope to one day be able to sing them with Avery but Nana needs to work on getting them on CD's.  While we were in SD, we went to the Zoo with Amy and Christy and their little ones. I think they had a pretty good time but as you can see they were a little worn out!





























I flew home with Avery by myself since Ben had to be home earlier than we did.  Avery was a little angel on the plane and slept the entire time even with a HUGE poopy diaper.  When we were about to get off the plane the lady in front of us turned around and commented on how good she was and that she didn't even make a peep.  Then she asked if I gave her anything...I thought that was pretty funny!

Avery has also hit a major milestone, she is now 6 months old!  Since Ben calls me Betty by the Book, I waited until exactly 6 months to give her food.  I actually spent Friday night making baby food for her which was quite enjoyable to be honest.  I made sweet potatoes and butternut squash. I used the food processor that we got for our wedding for the first time and we will have been married 4 years this year!  Better late than never.

















We started her on carrots and we will move to the food that I made this week sometime.  She wasn't quite sure if she liked the carrots but I am sure that it is just going to take time to get used to.  We also gave her a sippy cup with water as well as some little snacks that pretty much melt in your mouth.  Watching her with these new things is pretty much the cutest thing ever!











































It was Ben's birthday this past weekend so Avery had a sleepover at Grammy's house.  It was nice to have a night to ourselves but I sure miss her!  She is becoming such a good crawler and ends up all over the house.  We need to get some gates for the stairs but other than that we let her explore the house with a very watchful eye.  She has become fascinated with mirrors and can just sit there and stare at herself.  With her new found mobility, she sure does not like to sit still.  When she wakes up from her nap or in the morning, she sits up and plays with the toys in her crib.  I know soon enough she will be standing in her crib waiting for us to get her out. She already can pull herself up if you are sitting on the ground with her.  She can go from crawling to sitting and crawling with such ease now that I can't even remember what it was like when she couldn't do it.  Such a busy body!  We have even had to put away some of her toys that she has outgrown which is so sad.  Our little girl is growing up before our eyes.



No comments: