Template

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

46 weeks

And we have another tooth!  She officially is a four tooth little monster.  She still has not been affected by teething but I do know that may not always be the case.  I will just continue to count my blessings for having those teeth come in with no problem thus far!

A few things have changed this week.  First off, our little walker has been sleeping until about 7 am every morning which is so nice!  I love waking up and having her still be asleep.  She is still going down between 7:30 and 8 at night.  My opinion of that extra hour of sleep is that now that she is walking she is exerting more energy so she needs more sleep.  What gets me though is that she still takes 2 solid 2 hour+ naps every day.  So all in all she sleeps about 16 hours each day right now which is crazy!  I will just enjoy it while it lasts!

Secondly, we had a few incidents last week with biting while I was feeding her.  With two teeth on top and bottom it did not feel too good let me tell you.  What I realized was that she was getting agitated because she was not getting enough milk so I called her doctor to figure out what to do.  Because she is 10 and half months the Dr. said that was able to start on regular milk rather than starting her on formula.  So, after 10.5 months, she had first sippy cup of regular organic milk.  I am now just feeding her in the morning and night and we have not had any other incidents.  I am really happy that I was able to give her just breast milk for this long and that she likes regular milk and takes it without a problem.  We are just giving it to her a few times during the day in a cup so hopefully by the time she is 12 months she will be off bottles completely.

Every day and week with Avery continues to be an adventure.  She is really growing into such a fun little toddler right before our eyes. She loves to dance and now knows her head, toes, ears and will do them on command.  She also loves the "if your happy and you know it clap your hands" song and will clap and stomp her feet on cue.  It has got to be one of the cutest things in the world to see.  As soon as any music starts, she starts to dance and bounce and just moves her body in every which way!

Eating is another fun adventure.  She continues to try new things but still loves olives and quesidilla the most along with apple sauce.  I have just about given up on bibs because she rips them off in two seconds! She has even begun to try to feed herself with a spoon which has been quite interesting.  In fact here is a picture of her shirt after one of her attempts at feeding herself.  I know practice makes perfect right?

































Sophey and Avery continue to love each other and they don't really ever separate.  They like the same toys and there are many nights when we have to go get Sophey out of Avery's room when its time for us to go to bed.

































She also loves to look at the Christmas cards that we get each week and even tries to put them back where they belong although that doesn't work too well!



We celebrated Hannukah this week with Ben's family and Avery had a ton of presents to open yet all she wanted to do was eat the paper.  She did get some pretty great things from Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Stephanie and Cousin Mordechai!





Here are few pictures from the week.







2 comments:

Bubbies' Mom said...

Katie, she is such a doll! I wish Nathan could play with her!

Z said...

She sure sounds like the perfect baby. Can we get some of her sleep wonderfulness at this house? :)