Template

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

45 Weeks

We spent the last week in San Diego..again!  I feel like we spend the majority of November in San Diego but we are finally home, at least for a few weeks! I am just really happy that Avery sleeps so good when we are not at home or else don't think that I would enjoy being in San Diego as much!

So let's see, what has changed in the past week.  Avery continues to be a avid walker and in fact she really doesn't crawl too often any more.  She still falls a little bit but now instead of falling and crawling she falls and gets right back up. She hasn't had any nasty spills or falls yet so I am praying that doesn't happen but I am sure at some point it will.

I took a couple of days off of work last week and we got out a bit in San Diego.  We went to the zoo with my friend Christy and her daughter Gwen and then had a few other friends over that night with their kids so it was a mommy and baby party.  It sure is nice to get together with my friends in SD who have kids and I am looking forward to watching them grow up together.  Now all we have to do is move back to San Diego.  Here is a picture of three of the kids when Avery was 4 months and then again at 10 months.  We created the same picture on the same couch.  What a difference a few months makes!



Avery continues to expand her palate and pretty much eats whatever we give her.  I actually just went to Babies R Us yesterday and returned all of her baby food that she wants nothing to do with.  Our little baby is turning into a full blown toddler!

She is still having milk three times a day and taking two solid naps at 9 and 2.  I know at some point she will move to one long nap but I am not sure when that will happen. She really is a happy baby but in the past 2 weeks she had really developed a distinct personality.  She knows what she wants and when she wants it and gets a bit vocal if she doesn't get her way.  I am trying to teach her that she won't always get what she wants and I am sure that this is just a fun stage she is going through!  She also got her first top tooth so that may be contributing to her new found personality!

Here's to another great week!



2 comments:

The Dodgins said...

She is so cute Katie!

The Dodgins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.