What a week. This week was full of firsts!
We started the week out by driving out to San Diego late Tuesday night when it was her bed time. The idea of having Avery in a car when she is awake for 5 hours seems awful with how busy she is so we wait until its her bed time then pack her up in her car seat and off we go. She slept just about the whole time and then when we got to San Diego she was awake for about an hour getting settled and checking the place out. She did sleep in until almost 9am the next day which was nice.
Wednesday we went to Legoland and she had a blast! She went on her first mini roller-coaster and the funny thing was that when we got up in the front of the line, the guy asked if she could walk. I said yes she could but she is not used to walking in shoes so she is a little wobbly. He said that if she could walk three steps then she could go on the ride. So, I put her down and she took her three plus steps and she was cleared to go on the ride! We explored the park for a few hours and Avery was just in awe of everything there. I loved watching her soak everything in there. You could just see her little mind working in overtime!
The next day was Thanksgiving. As a tradition, we always run a 5K in the morning as a family so off we went to the 5K. Avery was such a trooper and enjoyed being pushed in her stroller while everyone else ran/walked. Aunt Beckie wanted to take her out of the stroller with about a mile left to hold her but I think she quickly realized that was a bad idea trying to hold 23+ pounds while walking a mile!
Later that day we went to my Aunt's house for Thanksgiving. Avery tried pretty much everything that was on the menu. She did like the green mashed potatoes that we had too!
Over the weekend we hung out with some friends that we don't get to see too often and spent a lot of time with our family. Avery has quite an array of toys here that range from new ones to ones that were ours when we were kids. It does seem that the ones that she prefers are not toys at all but rather boxes or measuring cups! We also went to Costco on Saturday and there was no one there! I think Avery had every single sample possible and loved them all!
My parents got the Christmas tree out yesterday and she is having a good time exploring the new things that are coming out. I am getting excited for her first Christmas this year. She is going to be into everything!
Avery continues to take her two naps and the last few days I have had to wake her up from her afternoon nap which has been from about 3-5:30. She funny thing is that she is still ready to go to bed at 7:30 or 8 even sleeping that late. In fact the other day we had some friends over and they were playing in the room and around 8pm Avery left the room and crawled all the way to the bathroom and starting getting into the bathtub. She sure knows her routine and she was ready for her bath! She is eating whatever we have and I love that I can pretty much give her anything. That doesn't mean that she likes everything but at least I don't have to worry about only baby food. I have a bunch of food left so I will to figure out what to do with it!
Here is a cute picture of Sophey from the week. When we come here, she is exhausted since we are always on the go. Her days of sleeping all day when we are home are non existent since we are either gone, Molly, my sisters dog is here, or someone is in the kitchen which she can't miss out on! This picture just captures how tired she is when we are here!
Here are some other pictures from the week!


















No comments:
Post a Comment