Template

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

42 Weeks

Busy, Busy, Busy!

We spent most of the week in San Diego again and this time she was back to her normal self on the flight.  She slept the entire time both ways.  She is always busy busy until the moment that we take off and then she is out.  I even get an hour to myself to read or sleep on the plane which is pretty nice.

Avery now takes about 7 to 10 steps at a time and to be honest she typically falls because she seems scared rather than really falling.  Her feet still are SO tiny and fat and I am wondering when they are going to grow and thin out.  With the cool weather she is going to need some socks and shoes so I need to find some things that fit her!

Avery has also officially said her first word.  For awhile I thought it was just sounds that she was putting together but she continues to say the same thing when looking at pictures.  So, her first word is NOT mama or dada, but baby.  She says it over and over and it is one of the cutest things ever!

Avery was able to spend some quality time with Nana, Papa and Aunt Beckie while we were in San Diego.  I had a conference to attend so my mom watched her during the day.  One day, my mom had to go to the dentist so my dad was left in charge.  Avery woke up from her nap and so he got her up and got her dressed for the day.  Here is the "great" outfit that Papa picked out for the day!
Ben flew out for the weekend and we went to a birthday party for my friend Eden's first birthday party.  It was an amazing party and Autumn did a great job planning.  I need to get on the ball since Avery turns one here in about 10 weeks!

Avery has also expanded her palate quite a bit.  I have continued to give her more and more real food and she has begun to outgrow baby food.  She really enjoys to feed herself so I try to find as many things that I can put on her tray to let her eat on her own.  The strangest thing that she likes so far is olives which I hate!  I am still waiting to find something that she takes after me in! We went to Pat and Oscars last week and I had to order her her first kids meal!  I know this is just the beginning of going out to eat costing more!  She sure is worth every penny.  Her smile and laugh are worth a million dollars in my book!  She continues to be a extremely happy baby but if she doesn't like something or want to do it, she lets you know that's for sure!

Here are a few other pictures from the week.