Template

Monday, November 22, 2010

43 weeks

This was really a big week in terms of development for Avery.  She is changing so much right before our eyes and our little baby is on the verge of being a toddler.

I went to buy her some new toys this week because she loves to stack things and put things inside of other things.  She loves little balls that have texture and can spin and twist.  She has a empty puff tin that she absolutely loves and enjoys putting things inside of it and dumping it out.


She has also learned how to stack things that are meant to be stacked.  She has this Winnie the Pooh stacker and she could never figure out how they are supposed to go but she has now learned that the hole in the center of the rings goes around the toy and really enjoys stacking them and then knocking it over and starting over.

She also loves her books and can sit there forever with them.  Sometimes she wants me to read them to her and other times she just flips the pages back and forth and looks at the pictures.



































We finally have gotten back to her normal schedule before the time change.  I know its only an hour but that little hour can really make a big difference when we're talking about 5am or 6am...I am just happy that we are back to normal now!

Avery has officially dropped her 9 am feeding so she is only getting milk three times a day now.  Right when she wakes up, before her second nap, and then right before bed.  She is still taking two naps a day at 9 and 2 and wakes up around 6 or 630 and goes to bed around 730.  Her naps are pretty solid too, typically about 2 hours each.  Sometimes I have to wake her up from her second too if she goes close to 5pm...

I think we can officially call her a walker now.  She has been walking the past couple of weeks but this past week I think a light bulb turned on for her and she has so much more confidence now.  Before she would crawl everywhere but now she will walk on her own and can go clear across the room.  We are still trying to find shoes that fit her since she wants to walk but being bare foot makes it a bit challenging when we are outside of the house.  She hates socks too and just pulls those off as soon as we put them on her!  She sure has a mind of her own.

This past week I came down with a 24 hour bug and thank God for Ben and my mother in law who were there to take over baby duties while I was bed ridden.  I don't know what I would have done without them.  There is nothing worse than feeling terrible and having to follow around busy little baby all over the house!

Every day with Avery is something new and I have more fun with her every single day.  She is becoming a little girl and has such a distinct personality.  She can say "baby" and "dada" and we are still working "mama".   She can wave bye bye and when you ask where her head is she touches her head.

































I do miss when she was a little peanut but this stage she is in is so much fun and I just laugh at her all day.  She is such a little turbo machine; she goes full speed and then falls asleep for her naps. I love you Avery!

Here are some pictures from the week.








A little clip of Avery dancing in the car....starts slow... 
PS..you may need to pause the music on the bottom of the page to hear the video's music.






No comments: