So much has gone on this week. Where do I begin.
Let's start with food since that seems to be a staple ingredient of the day. Avery continues to eat just about everything that you put in front of her. We started giving her scrambled eggs this week and she loves them! I also have had to start buying kids meals now since she eats just about as much as we do. She is such a little piggy. I do love taking her to Souplantation since she eats so much and she can try so many new things there. She also got her first Popsicle this week...let's just say she had fun!
As far as her schedule goes, it has stayed the same going down for bed around 7:30 and waking up around 6:30 or 7. We have been in SD since Wednesday and there has been so much going on here that she has gotten a little off schedule but I think that it is a result of all the craziness going on with Christmas and family and friends around but she has done a pretty good job sleeping through most of it. When she is napping she is out and there is not much that will wake her up.
This was Avery's first Christmas and boy did she have a good time. She is old enough to know she is getting some cool stuff but clueless to the rest of it. In fact she is still a little more interested in eating the wrapping of it. I will say there some of the toys she got she was really into and I am sure it will be a constant cycle of what toys and books she likes for the moment.
Christmas Eve was quite a treat for us in that my cousin Aly got surprised engaged and married! I know that may sound a bit strange bit it's the truth. Let me rewind a month or two. Aly and Joey have been together for about 5 years now. They found out a few months ago that they are expecting a baby girl in early May(hooray, a friend for Avery!). Anyways, they knew they wanted to get married but now it was all about timing. Joey called and me told me he wanted to surprise her on Christmas Eve and propose and get married all at once without her knowing anything. Well he pulled it off and she was SOO surprised and excited. I am sure it was a mix of emotions but all the right kind. She looked beautiful as he told her they were going to a ball of some sort later that night so they were both dressed up. It was a perfect evening and that much more special that it was on Christmas Eve!
Grandpa even came down to spend Christmas with us. This is his first time meeting Avery and he has not been down here since our wedding, over four years ago.. It was great to see him!
She also met a cute little boy who is Aly's best friend Jen's son. They sure hit it off!
We spent the next day on Christmas laying low after all the craziness of the day before. After Avery's first nap we had a nice breakfast and opened up presents. Santa left a nice fun present for Avery that we call "Charlie horse" You can just see the excitement in her eyes!
She has such a fun time looking at her new gifts and walking around the room checking things out. I know this is just the beginning of many wonderful Christmas's to come.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a safe New Years!



















No comments:
Post a Comment