Hello everyone!
I apologize that I have not updated this sooner but when I have free time, it is mostly spent sleeping as you can well imagine:)
The first week has gone very well. Luckily my mom is here and she has been a huge help with just about everything. Avery is doing great! She is really a good baby and doesn't cry too often unless there is something wrong and most of the time she just wants to eat. I am sure that does not surprise you with a 9lb baby! She truly is a blessing from God and I am just amazed each time I look at her. It still gets me that she was in my belly just last week and now she is here with us making us laugh every day!
We are still working on her schedule as she wants to hang out with me during the night! Sometimes she is just wide awake staring at me at 3am and when that happens, how could I honestly be mad that she has me awake. I will admit that I get her anytime she starts crying which I know you are not supposed to do. It is just so hard to hear her cry even though I know she is fine. Tonight my mom is going to keep her in her room and wake me only when she needs to eat so hopefully I will be able to see a big difference.
She had her first Dr. appointment on Thursday and it went great. We really like the pediatrician.
She also had her first bath which you can clearly tell she did not like! It was really just a sponge bath as you can't really bathe them until their belly thing falls off.
Sophey is doing great with her as well. She gets a little worried when she cries but all she wants to do is sniff and lick her. I know she is going to be great with her!
All in all, it was a great first week. She truly changes every day and I am taking a ton of pictures.
Here are some of the yummy treats that we have had this week thanks to Alyssa and the Burnitz's:)
More to come....











2 comments:
She's beautiful. My only advice as a Mommy would be do what feels right. If it feels right to pick her up, do it. Don't worry what people say. She's soooooo little and they need all the nurture and love they can get right now. They just want to lay on Mommy's chest and hear your heartbeat. Months and months down the road it will be easier to let her cry. For now, enjoy your little one, snuggle her as much as possible and give her a million kisses a day. Congrats! Trust me...they do sleep and get on a good schedule one day and don't beat yourself up if it doesn't happen right away. J took 10 months...:) But now - sleeps through the night for 11 -12hours like a charm :) Can't wait to meet her!
I agree with the Zeller Family...you cannot spoil a baby at this age. Hold her as much as you want! You will find a schedule that meets all of your needs. We just started sleep training with Nathan and there has been some crying...it is not easy but necessary and he is beginning to sleep through the night. You are going to be great! She is such a cutie!!
Post a Comment