Template

Monday, August 2, 2010

27 Weeks

Well this week should be labeled toys because she is obsessed with her toys these days!

I spend the first half of the week in Chicago at our bi-annual sales meeting.  I had a great time seeing some co-workers but I missed Avery like crazy.  Ben had her all by himself all three nights while I was gone and I was so proud of him that he did it all by himself.  My mother in law helped out during the days but the nights were just Avery and Daddy!  I came home Thursday night and then Ben actually left Friday morning for a baseball tournament in Utah that he was coaching some Avery and I had some mommy and me time which was really nice.















Over the past week Avery has decided that she wants to have some play time in the middle of the night.  She continues to love her new found mobility and really works hard trying to stand up in her crib during the middle of the night.  If she is not doing that, she is playing with the bumper in her crib or chewing on the ears of the stuffed animals in there.  She is not crying at all but of course she wakes me up and I stay awake until I know that she has gone back to sleep.  Not fun for mommy but I am thankful that she still sleeps 10 hours or so.  Its not like her 12-13 hours as a 2-4 month old but 10 hours still pretty much rocks.















We are also pretty close to figuring out her schedule for now.  She wakes up around 630 or 7 (mind you that is after me getting her up around 6 and feeding her and then she takes a short cat nap, sometimes until 7:30 too).  About an hour after she wakes up, she gets cereal or oatmeal and then goes down for a nap around 930sih.  She sleeps for about an hour and a half, sometimes two hours.  Then she wakes up, I feed her or she gets a bottle.  Then around 1230 or 1 she gets lunch.  So far she has had peas, carrots, sweet potatoes and oatmeal and cereal so she gets something in that mix.  I plan to start fruits here quite soon.  She then goes down for another nap around 230 or 3 and sleeps until 4 or 430.  She gets another bottle and then dinner around 630 and then its time to start the bedtime routine.  This is working out quite well for her but as soon as we have a routine she may try to change it up on me here soon.

She still loves her little pool in the back and I try to get her in it every other day or so.  She truly is a little fishy and loves to be in water.  We are probably going to get her in swimming lessons here pretty soon.















She is in love with all of her toys and can spend a long time just sitting on the carpet playing with them.  It's great that she can move all around now so she can decide what ones she wants to play with.  She is trying desperately to stand up as you can see in the pictures.  I keep telling her to slow down so I can enjoy her being so little for now!  She is on a mission though and there is no stopping here.












































Here is a short video that shows her new babbling techniques as well as her crawling and trying to stand!


In other Rosenthal news, Ben celebrated his 31st birthday and we had a great time at his party.  Saturday night we went bowling and then all day Sunday we went to the Palms Place pool and had a cabana and did the brunch which was amazing!  Here are some pictures from the weekend.



1 comment:

Bubbies' Mom said...

Goodness, she has grown up so fast! It looks like she is an early crawler and will be an early walker!! Go Avery!! She is too precious!