Template

Monday, August 30, 2010

31 weeks

This week was the longest that I was away from Avery.  Beckie won a trip last year to go to Hawaii that included 5 nights, airfare, and car rental and she decided to take me for my 30th birthday present.  We left on Sunday early morning and came home late Friday night. It was a wonderful vacation and we actually didn't do much which was very nice.  Sitting in a lounge chair or having dinner where I am not fidgeting with Avery is very rare these days.  It was really nice to have a break but I missed Avery like crazy.  Every little baby I saw made me miss her even more but we were able to Skype almost every day so that was a huge life savor.  It was great to go on vacation and know that she was home with Daddy and my mother in law and was in great hands!  I can't wait until Avery is old enough to go to Hawaii and really appreciate all that it has to offer.  It truly is one of my favorite places to go vacation.

In other BIG Avery news, our little one has her first two bottom teeth!  I think that they came in right around the same day, maybe within a day of each other.  She is such a trooper as she was not fussy at all, just drooled all over everything and wanted to bite down on just about everything!

We still have our little snuggle time in the morning.  I just love laying there with her and she snuggles right into my chest.  It just about melts my heart every day and it is such a great way to start the day.  She is becoming more and more vocal everyday.  She is always blabbing and blowing raspberries all over us and the furniture.  She does this funny ohhh with her mouth and as she sucks in she whistles.  It's pretty sad that a 7 month old can whistle better than I can! She continues to stand up on just about everything.  She is a pretty fast crawler these days but she still would rather stand up.  She can even stand on her own for about 5 seconds now before she falls down.  I think that her feet need to thin a bit before she will be able to walk.  She still has super fat and small feet and shoes do not fit her.  What a waste of so many cute shoes that I have for her.

We started her on some new food over the weekend.  She had her first chicken dish and she loved it.  I am still making the majority of her food but have a lot that is store bought as well for when we are out and about and can't transport the homemade stuff.  She also started having Mum-Mum's which are like rice cakes for babies.  She loves them and it sure keeps her occupied for awhile.

Here are some pictures from the week.
Also, here are a few funny videos of Avery from the last few weeks
Here is one of her laughing, the quality is pretty bad but its funny to listen to


Avery blowing bubbles



Pooping, shimmy shake, and whistling







1 comment:

Z said...

try pedipeds...pediped.com
It's all J wears and he has chubby feet with a high instep :)