Template

Sunday, August 22, 2010

30 weeks

I can't believe Avery is almost 7 months.  She is coming into her own and has such a distinct personality.  Looking back, the words that I would have described her in her first month or two really haven't changed but really have just become more apparent.  I think the one word that sticks out in my mind the most is intense.  She has always been intense about everything that she does but now that she can do a lot of things on her own she is even more intense.  She really wants nothing to do with crawling now that she has mastered that skill and would rather find anything that she can pull herself up on and stand there and play.  She has even semi learned how to move those little fat legs of hers if she has a toy that she can walk with.  She is a little wobbly but everyday you can see her improving her balance and strength.

I love my mornings with Avery.  She is waking up around 6 or 630 now and when I get her out of her crib, she snuggles into my neck and gives me raspberry kisses. We then go back into bed and I feed her and most of the time she falls back asleep and we snuggle for an hour or so.  She is taking two naps a day and going to bed by 730.  The last few days she has been a little finicky with her naps and fighting them pretty hard but I think it might be that she has officially got her first runny nose so she has a hard time breathing.  She doesn't hate the blue bulb snot sucker but she doesn't love it either so it gets a little tricky trying to get the snot out so she can breathe.  I feel so bad for her but I know she is fine, it's just a little hard to breathe.

With Avery's new found mobility, she continues to discover things around the house.  She loves to be on Sophey's dog bed, she loves to try to get into Sophey's water and food bowl, and she loves to play with door stoppers.  She is quite distractable so if she starts to go towards something that she shouldn't, we just push one of the buttons that plays music on her toys and she turns around and begins to crawl towards it.  She just makes me smile to think about her.

Here are a few pictures from this past week.  Enjoy!





No comments: