Template

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

29 Weeks

What a fun and exciting week!  We spent the majority of the week at a family reunion for Ben's moms side of the family.  There were about 25 of us at a little Lodge outside of Estes Park in Colorado.  The sights were breathtaking and the company was sure a lot of fun!

































This was my first experience of traveling with a baby where I had to bring every single thing with me.  Needless to say I think I mentally packed for about a day then actually packed for a good few hours the day before we left.  Then the night before we left I mentally repacked in my mind hoping that I didn't forget anything.  The next morning we loaded up the car and left for the airport.  It must have looked like we were leaving for 5 weeks rather than 5 days!  We got to the airport and unloaded the car and checked 5 pieces of luggage including the pack and play and the car seat.  Whew..that was done.  Now off to the gate!  Once we got to the gate I let Avery crawl on the dirty floor.  Yes, I know how dirty the floor is but God made dirt and it will only help her immune system.  I am not going to be one of the those moms that shields my baby from every type of dirt possible so on the floor she went meeting new friends all over the place.  Once we got on the plane Avery was asleep before we even took off.  She slept for the about half of the two hour flight and then the remainder of the flight Ben and I played with her.  We sure make a great team.


Once we arrived we immediately saw some family members and spent the next hour or so chatting with everyone.  Needless to say it was a solid 2 and half hours before we finally got the car, loaded the car, and were off for the hour and half drive.  Getting all the luggage in our mid size SUV was a bit tricky but Marv and Ben did a great packing it.  By the time we got in the car Avery was ready for another nap.  She fel asleep again and spend the rest of the time watching Elmo on the Ipad.  That thing sure is a life savor!

We finally arrived at the Aspen Lodge and got settled into our cabin.  The set up was great as it had three rooms so we all had our own room.  Avery was so excited to get out of the car and move around and play with her toys. 

A little later we went down to the main house where family was staying.  It was the main hub or hang out area of the family reunion. Avery got to meet so many new people and I did as well.  The Bricker family does this every two years and this is my third one that I have attended and each time I meet new people.  Avery was able to meet her 2nd and 3rd cousin.  It truly was baby fever all around with three little ones to coo over.  There was a 3 month old as well as 8 month old so Aves was right in the middle.  You would have never known it since she was crawling and standing all over the 8 month old Willa.  Willa is quite content where she is and not crawling and watching Avery be a little turbo machine all over her was quite funny!


Over the next few days we explored and played and slept and ate.  Everyone kept asking us if she was always that happy and smiley.  Overall it was a great time and Avery was such a good traveler.  I could not have been any happier with her.  Avery even got on a horse for the first time!

We also got a chance to see some of my good friends/coworkers that live in Colorado.  They made the hour plus drive to come have lunch with us. It was great to see them and Avery got a chance to meet them as well.  There is nothing better than spending quality time with friends and family. We ended up getting on a earlier flight since our flight was delayed 2 hours so it was nice to get home much earlier than expected.  Avery ended the trip the same way she started on the way out there, asleep!


As for our little traveler, not much has changed with her this week.  She is only having milk about 4 times a day now and is getting three meals a day.  Her favorites are oatmeal and prunes.  Let's just say that the prunes work VERY well.  I think in one day she had about 5 dirty diapers.  We are getting a little more bold in letting her try new food and the faces that she makes are priceless.  Some of the things she likes and other she wants nothing to do with.  She pulls herself up on just about everything and her legs are getting so strong!  Her chunky thighs are beginning to thin our but she sure has a long way to go! 


We love you Avery!




1 comment:

Z said...

Is that 3 month old sitting up all by herself? Is that normal? LOL! You've all got advanced babies! Love the photos.