Busy body that is for sure. That should be Avery's middle name. That girl does not sit still for a moment unless she is sleeping or eating. She is picking up speed on her crawling but still tries to stand most of the time rather than crawling. If she really wants something though she just takes off and before you know it she halfway across the room. Her favorite things that she tries to get into are shoes, feet, or the TV and the controls. We are trying to teach her "No" and then redirect her but I am sure we will have to do some sort of baby proofing for that TV area pretty soon.
Avery continues to try new food, most of which she likes but it does take her a few times of trying it before she actually enjoys it. We started her on fruits this past week and the only thing she does not like is bananas. I think that it is the texture that she is not too sure about.
Her sleep has been a bit strange the past week or so. Every few nights she has those random wake ups and sits up and plays in her crib. She never cries but I hear her through the monitor and find her playing with the bunnies and blankets that are in her crib. She is pretty much taking two naps a day still. When she wakes up from her naps, she is so quiet that I don't even know that she is awake. Half the time I only find out that she is awake by clicking on the video monitor and finding her sitting up and playing in her crib! She is like a thief in the night when she wakes up and every time I go in there, she has the biggest smile on her face and she just makes me laugh!
Avery also has a fascination with mirrors. She loves looking in them and can't quite seem to figure them out.
Her and Sophey continue to explore their relationship. Avery becomes more and more intrigued by Sophey and Sophey is so good with her. When Sophey hears the burp or spit up sound, she knows to come running so she can help clean up the mess and while she does that, Avery just grabs and pulls and tries to eat Sophey. I think that Sophey is so distracted with the yummy spit up that she is clueless of what is happening to her.
We are gearing up for a big trip to Colorado this week for a family reunion. I am a bit overwhelmed with what to pack and how Avery will do with a 2 hour flight and a 2 hour drive! Oh well, we will make it work.








1 comment:
So cute! Good luck on your flight. You should do fine. Two hours is not bad at all. I did a 8 hour day of flying with Nathan last Christmas and we will be doing it again this Christmas. At least this time I will have Jeff with me. Bring a few new toys for her, ones she has never seen before, sippy cup (or bottle), pacifier, and you should be golden!
Post a Comment