Template

Friday, September 3, 2010

Avery's Dedication

We are in San Diego this weekend and Avery is going to be dedicated at church this Sunday.  The same Pastor who dedicated me is also dedicating Avery as well.  For those of you that want to see it, it will be live via their web cast on Sunday morning.

Dedication Update:
Our little tornado did great.  I was a little worried what she would do when she got on stage in front of all those people.  The minute she got up there she just started smiling and trying to grab the microphone.  Mike Macintosh was the Pastor who actually dedicated me on January 25th, 1981, just one day after Avery was born but 29 years later! We both were about 7 months old when we were dedicated.  During the service, I took Avery outside and walked around the campus and showed Avery where mommy went to school.  The church campus is actually where I went to Jr and Sr High School.  I showed her my classrooms, the cafeteria, the locker rooms.  We just explored.  We ended up back in the overflow room towards the end of the service and one the worship team came back on she pretty much just fell asleep in my arms.  She just gets mesmerized by music!  After the service we all went back to my parents house and had a nice brunch together.  It really was a perfect day.  I could not have asked for anything more.  Here are some pictures.




No comments: