Template

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

33 weeks

Well it's crazy to say that Avery is almost 8 months!  She continues to be quite the busy body that's for sure.  Her determination is quite intense and there is no stopping her once she puts her mind to something.  She loves to crawl around the house and has even started chasing Sophey.  It's quite funny to watch.  Sophey is a good sport about it but you can tell it is not her favorite game!


Up until this past week Avery has been uninterested in the stairs.  She would climb over to them and pull herself up on them but that is as far as she got.  This past week, she was standing there and something clicked in her head that she could climb up those.  She preceded to lift one knee and then then next and climb all the way up the stairs like she had been doing it for weeks! She was pretty proud of herself and just kept grinning from ear to ear the whole way.  Of course I was right behind her in case she feel.  I guess it's time to get baby gates....

Her schedule has remained the same for some time now.  She is in bed by 7:30 and sleeps until about 6:30 or 7.  Most mornings she starts stirring around 5:30 and I go get her and bring her back into bed and then she falls back asleep until about 7.  I sure love those snuggly mornings with her.  When I am putting her to bed at night and she falls asleep on my chest, I could just hold her there forever.   It is probably my most favorite part of the night with her.  I love having a video monitor of her in her crib because it is so fun to watch her put herself to sleep.  Sometimes she will spend 10-15 minutes standing up and then falling down and then playing with her bunnies in her crib.  This past week she realized that if she stands up in her crib, she can reach the video monitor.  Needless to say I had to go in there one afternoon and literally take it out of her hands and put it back.  I'm thinking that we will need to mount it on the wall here soon.  Our busy bee can't seem to get her hands off things!

She continues to be a avid crawler and is quite quick as well.  Once she takes off there is no looking back.  She also will pull herself up and then stand unassisted for a few seconds and then she falls on her booty.  She is taking 2 naps still, once around 10 and the other around 3 and still getting milk four times a day and three solid meals.  I am still breastfeeding her and plan to continue until she is 1 year old and we can switch her to whole milk.

Avery enjoys to drink water but never really grasped the concept of a sippy cup and having to tilt her head back.  When we were driving back from SD I had a slurpee and she really wanted that straw.  I decided to let her chew on it and before I knew it she was slurping the slurpee up through the straw.  I had no idea that she would be able to do that.  So I went to Target and got her a straw sippy cup and she has no trouble getting her water now. It is so funny to watch her drink out of it!  She looks like such a big girl. She loves her avocado, applesauce, cereal, and just about any fruit.  She really wants nothing to do with green vegetables though!

She continues to go through her clothes before she even gets to wear them.  I keep saying that whoever I know that is having a girl once we know for sure we are done is going to make out with SOOO many clothes.  Oh well, nothing like helping out someone else!

Here are some more pics from the week.


No comments: