We spent the entire week in San Diego gearing up for the birthday party. Ben drove down on Friday so it was just me an Aves and Sophey most of the week. It sure is nice to stay with my parents and be able to run out and do errands on a whim while my mom watches Avery. You definitely take that for granted because going anywhere with a baby/toddler is never as easy as running out by yourself. It is also nice that on the days that Avery wakes up early, my mom is already up so she takes her and I get a little more sleep!
As for the week, we had quite a few play dates. The weather was PERFECT and in fact a little warmer than I had envisioned so I actually had to go buy Avery a few pieces of non winter clothing. I really didn't bring anything cool for her so I had to go buy a few dresses and short sleeve things. Who would have thought it would be that warm in January! I even took Sophey to the beach one day and it was gorgeous! We went up to Del Mar Beach with my friend Brooke and her sons Wyatt and Nolan. The kids had a good time and it is always fun to hang with friends and get the kids together.
Speaking of Sophey, we celebrated her 4th birthday! She is such a funny little dog and so great with Sophey. We are so lucky that the whole dog/baby thing worked out.
Avery also got her 6th tooth! She now has the 4 top teeth and then 2 bottom teeth. One thing that Avery loves to do is to get the balls and try to throw them for the dogs. Up until this week, when she tried to throw she didn't really get the throwing forward and how to let go but this week she figured it out. She was pretty proud of herself. In fact anytime that she is proud of herself or we say "Yah Avery, good job" she claps for herself.
Avery goes to bed by 8 and wakes up anytime between 6:30 and 7:30. She is still taking two naps a day around 10 and 3 and I am really not sure how or when she will transition to one nap. She eats just about anything that you put in front of her but we are still trying to work through her love to drop food on the floor for Sophey. We tell her "No" in as stern of a way that we can and yet she just looks at you and does it again or laughs. We are in trouble with this one for sure! She recently started a little temper phase where when she gets mad, she tries to bite anything in arms reach, sometimes it being her own hand. I know this is part of being a toddler but boy is it a uphill battle. At what point can you start to discipline and toddler and when do they actually get it? I guess I have some reading to do!
Avery had her one year check up and here are her stats.
Weight - 23.4 lbs - 85th percentile
Height - 30 " - 70th percentile
Head - 18"- 70th percentile
She really has not grown that much from her 9 month check up and I am sure that it's because she is so active! Dr. Glasser was again very impressed with her agility and health. I continue to be thankful for a healthy and happy baby!
![]() |
| Papa dressing me in his gloves! |
![]() |
| Loving my box! |
![]() |
| The house that Aunt Beckie built for me! |
![]() |
| Me and Eden, enjoying our Pirates Booty! |












1 comment:
I can't believe she is a year either! Where has the time gone? Happy Birthday little Avery! Katie I really do hope you will keep this blog up. I have really enjoyed reading it the last year! Avery is just like Maddie in every way. I hope they get to meet real soon.
Post a Comment