Time to write about the big birthday party!
Avery officially turned one on January 24th but we had her birthday party on Saturday, the 22nd. We drove out to San Diego the week before so that I could get some things done during the week leading up to the party. In all honestly I didn't really do much until that Friday night. Luckily my sister and mom stepped up to the plate and helped out to get things ready.
Here are a few things that we did.
I had a banner made so people knew what house the party was at.
Cupcake toppers
A large cupcake that Aunt Beckie made
Water bottle labels
Birthday shirt made for the birthday girl!
Picture wall of Avery
Party favors
Signing board
The party started at 1pm and Avery was such a trooper and took a long morning nap from 10-12:30. I think she knew that she needed her sleep in order to have enough energy for the afternoon. We had about 40 people come and I think everyone had a good time. We got a large jumpy for the bigger kids but it seems like kids and adults of all ages made their way in there and had a great time!
We also had a ball pit for the little tikes!
When it came time for cake, Avery really didn't want anything to do with it. This really surprised me because any other time that she eats, she makes a large mess but the one time that I wanted her to and she was allowed to, she was pretty dainty.
A little later that night we did give her a second go around with it and this time she had a bit more fun.
Avery really is getting the hang of opening presents. I am sure that it's because she opened quite a few within a 6 week period between Channukah, Christmas, and then her birthday. Needless to say our house looks like a toy store and her closet is pretty jammed pack. I think she is set for awhile. I do think that the next child we have will be better spaced out from Christmas! She sure is a loved and spoiled girl!
Overall it was a great 1st birthday! I could not have been any happier with how it turned out. The weather was beautiful and warmer that I would have ever thought for a January day!
Thank you to my parents and sister for all their help and for everyone who came to the party and helped make Avery's first birthday perfect!
We love you Avery!





No comments:
Post a Comment