Template

Monday, February 15, 2010

Avery update - 3 weeks old!

To think that three weeks ago yesterday was the first time that we saw Avery is mind blowing.  When I found out I was pregnant, I had just about every mix of emotion possible. I was in the Bloomingdale's bathroom in Chicago and yes, I know that is very random.  Luckily Ben was just a few blocks away at our hotel so I was able to rush back and tell him the good news after I stopped in the children's department to pick up a few things:)  Now that she is finally here and almost three weeks old, I can't help but think back about all of the things that have gone on over the past 40+ weeks.

As the weeks go by and your belly begins to grow and you begin to feel her for the first time those emotions become even stronger.  I remember the first time I realized that she had the hiccups.  I remember the first time that I felt the flutters which later turned into karate chops.  I remember thinking at times that I didn't love being pregnant even though the entire experience is amazing and truly shows how awesome God is.  Now that she is here, it makes each of those moments seem surreal.  As I hold her now, I am amazed that I carried her for almost 41 weeks!  I am amazed at how small she is yet so big in comparison to other 3 week old babies.  At times I miss her being in belly where I can have her with my at all times of the day and I can protect her.  I feel so blessed to be her mommy.  I just want to hold her and cuddle with her all the time. I just can't get enough of how soft her skin is and how good she smells.  I truly want to enjoy every stage that she goes through but selfishly I am looking forward to her sleeping through the night.  While I love those 3-4am bonding nursing moments, I think I can live without them here pretty soon.

Avery truly is a good sleeper and typically goes about 4-6 hours at a time at night.  Once I nurse her she goes back to bed for a few hours as well.  In the AM, daddy gets her up and takes her downstairs for a little Avery and Daddy time.  It truly is amazing to see him with her.  He is so patient and just sits there and talks to her and makes faces at her and she tries to make them back at him.  He also loves to get her dressed as well which I am sure does not surprise you for those of you that know Ben.

Yesterday we had a little photo shoot since Aunt Beckie was in town.  There are some really cute pictures that I will post later but the best is that Avery projectiled pooped on Ben as we were trying to get a cute shot.  I will always look at some of those pictures and laugh so hard knowing the story behind them. 

Thank you Aunt Beckie for coming out and helping us out for the past week.  We sure ate great food and little Sophey was spoiled rotten with her cousin Molly here all week.  Beckie also babysat for us on Valentines Day so Ben and I were able to get out and go on a nice date!  Grandma Rosenthal also came over on Saturday and Beckie and Krystal and I went to brunch.  I did pretty well for my first two times away from her for longer than an hour.  I do miss her when I am not with her but a little mommy time is always helpful.

Here are a couple of pictures from this week.

                       Getting ready for my photo shoot
 

My Valentines day outfit from Grammy that I peed through in less than a few hours.




1 comment:

Z said...

So cute...isn't mommyhood the best? I can't wait to hear what you think of the first smile and giggle she gives you. There is nothing else like it in the world!