Template

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Little Avery

Wow, my little is growing up before my eyes.  Each day I am amazed at how different she looks.  I flip through pictures and I can not believe the difference that a few days makes.  I am with her every day and I can see the changes occur.  She is beginning not to look like a newborn anymore and look more and more like a little baby. It is so sad that she is growing up so fast!

Here are just a few things that I love about Avery
  • I love picking her up from her naps as she stretches out arms above her head and arches her back and sticks her butt out.  She wrinkles her little forehead at the same time and looks like a little monkey
  • I love that she loves her baths now and is so peaceful while she is getting bathed
  • I love watching her sleep.  Her eyes flutter back in her head and she giggles and smiles and gets an Elvis lip
  • I love when she holds my finger and squeezes so tight and won't let go
  • I love her little feet, and I am NOT a foot person!
  • I love that she is such a peaceful baby and just loves to sit there and stare at you
Each day is a new learning experience with her.  I was so anxious for her to come and get to know her and over time, I have been able to differentiate her cries and moans.  I know we both have a lot more to learn about her but she truly is a good baby and I feel blessed to be here mommy.

On a different note, many of you have asked how Sophey is handling all of this.  Overall, I will say great!  She is very worried about her little sister and has to know where she is all all times.  We are still working on her licking her and sticking her nose in her diaper area.  I know that will come with time too.  Here is a little video of the day that we brought Avery home and Sophey met her for the first time. 



    No comments: