Template

Sunday, March 14, 2010

7 weeks old!

My little peanut is officially 7 weeks old today.  I can almost get out of saying "weeks" and will soon be saying she is "X months old" now. 


It is crazy to think that 7 weeks ago today we were in the hospital watching the Superbowl and I was going through labor.  Time really does fly when you are having fun.  I have enjoyed the last 7 weeks and can not believe how big she is getting.  She has her 2 month check up coming soon so we will find out how much she has grown but I think she is about 12 pounds right now.  When I hold her, she used to fit so nicely in my arms and on my legs and now the little wiggle worm barely fits on my legs anymore.  Some of her clothes are getting a little snug and pretty soon I will have to break out the 3-6 month clothes!

Aves is sleeping SOOO well that I truly feel blessed.  Many people tell me how lucky I am but I truly believe it was the amount of prayers I made since the sleep deprivation was one of my biggest fears!  She is now asleep by 10pm and wakes up around 5 or 6 and eats and goes back to bed shortly after.  I do love getting that long stretch of sleep that's for sure!

This past Wednesday, my Mom and Dad drove out and then my Dad left on Saturday and my Mom is staying through the week and then driving with me to SD this weekend.  It will be Avery's first long road trip and her first time staying in a new place.  I am saying lots of prayers that she does well!  While I am there, we are going to have the service for my Nana so I am very happy that I will be able to be there for that.

A few things happened this week.  Avery has officially outgrown her bath tub and is officially in the big bathtub.  She seems to like that much better and Ben and I are sure that before long, she will discover "splashing" and bath time will become "wet" time for us!  My Dad also made a trip to Bass Pro Shops which he is a major fan of.  His sole purpose was to get some gear for Avery.  He got her one that she can wear now and one that will fit her this summer. 


Avery has also been very good on all of her outings.  Most of the time she sleeps but other times she just likes to be awake and look around.  My Dad has told me that the time will come when we are in a restaurant and one of us will have to get up to leave due to a screaming child.  I don't think Avery will ever make us do that...will you Aves?


1 comment:

The Dodgins said...

She is so cute! I am glad everything is going well!