Well we have had quite a busy week! Let's see if we can re-cap what has been going on.
Avery is getting bigger by the minute. She has sure been sleeping a lot which they say means that she is growing. As we speak she is still sleeping from last night and its 9:45am. She slept from 10pm to 6am and then I fed her and put her back to bed and she is still sleeping. It sure is great to be able to get up before her and get ready for the day with 2 hands! I do love getting her out of her crib when she is so smiley and happy. It makes me fall more in love with her if that is even possible.
Ben is no longer working for Ken. He is now involved in a program with the local school district that will have him in his own classroom by the beginning of the 2010-2011 school year. With the shortage of Math, Science and Special Education Teachers across the country he is taking advantage of his Science degree and preparing to teach Biological Sciences at the High School level. Once he is done with this accelerated program he has three years to complete additional requirements for his teaching license. He should end up with another Masters in Curriculum and Instruction. He has started to get more classes to teach online which will help out financially.
In addition, he is back on the baseball field coaching. He is a JV coach at a local private school and also coaches a 12 and under travel ball team with a buddy of his. Between these two teams, private lessons and school his is staying pretty busy. Although he is at the filed sometimes 12 hours at a time, it is nice to seem him enjoying and pursuing his passion and he is able to be home in the mornings for now and help out with the baby.
Aspen came out to visit us this weekend and we had a really nice time. We went shopping and I went to my first happy hour(woo-hoo). My mother in law Jan came over to watch the baby which is so nice as I don't worry about Avery at all when she is here. We also made cute headbands for Avery for when she gets a little older. They are a little big right now but they will fit her in a few months I am sure.
I decided to purchase the Moby wrap and she really does love it. It is similiar to the Bjorn but you can have them in it so many ways. The first time I put it on I apparently did it wrong. It is a bit confusing but I took her around the block and met a new neighbor who has a 12 week old. We got to talking and she politely told me that I had it on wrong and proceeded to give me a whole tutorial outside the house. She was very nice to help me out and it really made a difference. Avery just loves to be in it!
My parents are coming out this Wednesday to spend some time with the baby. My dad will stay through the weekend and then my mom will stay and drive back to San Diego with me on the 19th. I am excited to get to San Diego to see everyone but a little weary on how Avery will do in a long car ride and sleeping in a new place. I am quite optimistic since sleeping does not seem to be her problem! She is doing great in her own crib and is just a joy to have around. I love that she smiles all the time now and enjoy watching her do new things all the time. She sure loves to coo and talk now as well.
Have a great week!







No comments:
Post a Comment