Template

Monday, March 29, 2010

9 weeks

Well my maternity leave is officially up and I am back to work tomorrow (Monday).  Many people have asked me how I feel about going back to work and here are my thoughts.  First off, I feel lucky to have a job that I enjoy and truly feel like what we do helps so many people.  Secondly, the fact that I get to work from home makes me love my job that much more.  Times are tough right now for many people so to have a job that I like and that I can do from home is a true blessing.  With that said, it will still be SO hard to be away from Avery.  She will be at my mother in laws a few days a week and then home here with Ben as he doesn't have to leave for work until 2 or 3 on some days.  Most people have to take their child to day care so I am so thankful that I do not have to. So all in all, I have it pretty good but I am going to miss spending every second with Avery!

Avery decided to give us a taste of what it is like to have a baby that cries.  On Sunday morning, she woke up happy as always and then a few hours later, she had a major crying attack.  We still can't figure out what triggered it but for at least 30 minutes, she screamed, and I mean screamed at the top of her lungs.  She had tears running down her eyes and she was so unhappy.  We were trying everything to calm her down and nothing seemed to be working.  We had her clothes stripped and finally ended up giving her a bath and she ended up falling asleep in my arms wrapped in a blanked with nothing on but a diaper.  When she woke up, she was her normal happy self.  I think she just wanted us to appreciate how good she normally is and trust me, I do appreciate it!

Avery is quite the busy baby.  She is such a good sleeper but when she is awake, she is full throttle.  I am a little scared of what she will be like once she can crawl and walk!  She is getting close to learning that she can control her arms and will soon be able to grab all those things that she stares at all the time.  She is still fascinated by ceiling fans which I think is so funny!  She also love the Baby Einstein DVD's.  But then again I catch her watching shows that I have on as well!   Sometimes I will have her playing on her mat on the floor and I will see her turn her head and just start watching TV.  Little turkey! 

She also has started wearing a lot of her 3-6 month clothes.  I am finding that the 0-3 month clothes that have feet are too small for her.  Ben suggested just to cut the feet off but I just say its time to buy new clothes for her!  I never need a excuse to go shopping for her!  We had a great week and this little one is just growing like crazy.  She can almost hold her head up and is quite the strong girl! She is now going to sleep at 930 and sleeps until about 6:30 or 7.  It is great!  Thank you God!
Here are some pictures from this week.

Looking like a big girl on our bed
















The overalls that Aunt Beckie bought her





















Loving her play mat





No comments: