Template

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Kennedy Week 6

Little Kennedy.   When I look at her, it is like looking back three years ago when Avery was born only Kennedy is much more petite and skinny.  Other than that they are clones of each other.  One of the downfalls of weekly blogging is that I can go back to this exact moment when Avery was little and compare exactly what they are doing.  While I am in no way complaining about Kennedy's sleep, Avery was a little better sleeper.

Kennedy is going down about 9pm and sleeping until about 3am sometimes 4.  We are getting about 6-7 hours at a time and then she is getting a lot better about eating and going right back to sleep.  I really need to realize that all of her little cries are not "come and get me" cries but just a baby trying to go back to sleep.  She is not spitting up nearly as much which makes it much easier for her to fall back asleep.  She then goes back to bed and finally wakes up around 9 or 10 in the morning.  During the day, she really is not awake more than about 2 hours at a time before taking a cat nap.  Usually she take one long nap and the rest are short cat naps.  We really are not to the point yet where she is on any type of schedule during the day other than eating every three hours.

She continues to be such a good little baby and really only crying during the day when she is fighting taking a nap.  This happens towards the end of her eat, play, and then sleep cycle since you know I am such a fan of the Baby Wise method.  I will say that I have tried hard not to be super schedule crazy with this one and just enjoy all of it.  I just make sure that she eats at least every three hours and other than that, I try to let her be.

She has started to smile at us and we are working on getting them on command rather than just gas.  She fits in her 0-3 month clothing but she really is just a string bean.  When I bring her in bed with me in the morning, it is against everything that I want to do but I just love those extra hours of snuggle time and extra sleep for us both.  I also know that I go back to work soon and I won't be able to hold her and snuggle her like I do now.

Here are some pics of her this week.  She sure knows how to make funny faces!



























No comments: