My due date was November 19th so we decided that I would be induced on the 24th unless she came first on her own. We as we know from Miss Aves, our kids like to hang out and be forced out. So Friday night, we checked in to have this little one. I was supposed to get a cervix softener but once I got there and got settled and hooked up, I was having contractions so they decided to start on the pitocin right away. Needless to say it was a very long night that I didn't sleep a wink of. Ben on the other hand was snoring about the whole time! From about 9pm till 5 am, they had me on pitocin and for some reason I was not dilating but having contractions quite frequently. My mid morning they were getting very uncomfortable but I couldn't get the epidural since I was not dilated yet. Around 7 there was a shift change for the nurses and they infomed me that my Dr. would come check me soon to see what the plan was since I was not dilating About this time I started having contractions almost every minute and the amount of pain I was in was unbearable! I asked when the Dr. was come and the nurse said why don't I check you. I hopped on that bed and when she checked, I was 8cm dilated My plan was to get the epidural at about 3cm so I had labored for a very long time without the epidural! The nurse ran to get the Dr to give me the epidural and she just caught him as he was headed into a c-section, thank God! I got the epidural, the Dr showed up and I was 9 cm and just about ready to push. Once I got the green light to push, it took about 10 minutes and out she came. This time I was much more in tune to what was going on so I was able to see her come out and it was quite a different experience . I will say the labor was a million times worse but the actual pushing was so easy! She came out so perfect and I fell in love right away.
The family came to see us pretty much right away and brought Avery to come see her new big sister. She was so sweet and so excited to meet her. Kennedy brought her some big sister gifts which Avery loved. She was also very good for the two days that we stayed in the hospital. I was a little worried about how she would do with all the change but she has been great!
We ending up staying for just about 48 hours from the time we had her. It was great to get home and get settled and our families did a great job of taking care of things while we in the hospital. It was nice to have people come visit and see us. I am so glad that we were able to move back before this baby came.
| Dr. Cunningham |
Here are her stats.
Weight 8 lb 14 oz
Length 21.5 inches
Head 14.6 inches
Born at 10:26 on November 24th
Here are some additional pics. We are so blessed and can't wait for the many memories to come!

No comments:
Post a Comment